The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Candy

I have one little rule that I follow when it comes time to buy candy for holidays.
I make sure to NEVER buy chocolate unless I give myself permission to eat it.
I can buy all the sugar loaded candy in the store and not even be tempted, but you put chocolate in front of me...I have no control.

For Easter, the cheap stinking Easter bunny supplied Miles with Kix and Graham Cracker sticks in his eggs. Logan got loads of Jelly Beans, Peeps, Sour Patch Kids etc...

Dave's been drooling at his basket and has probably inhaled half a pound of jelly beans so far. Me? Not a single drop of candy.
It's a good way to keep off the pounds...except when I make yummy banana bread and feel the need to eat it all day. ALL Day.

Hope your Easter was fun. I made a yummy baked egg dish with a side baked hash brown dish, and of course my yummy banana bread. All three are very very easy if anyone wants the recipes.

I have some great pictures to share, and I promise to do that...this week! I hope to do it today, but I suck at getting pictures up, so I'll just give myself the week.

I must go and enjoy a hot cup of coffee while my peanuts are watching Sesame Street together. Can you believe it? TWO children peacefully watching Sesame Street!
--------
Egg Bake

1 lb white bread-cubed
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk
salt & pepper to taste

CAN add:
1lb sausage/bacon
onions, mushrooms, green peppers....etc...
( I did onion, mushroom, gp. No meat in mine)


Lightly grease large 9x13 pan. Spred 1/2 of the cubed bread and then put sprinkle half of the additional ingredients (veggies or meat) on top of the bread.
Sprinkle half the cheese on top. Repeat with the rest of the bread, rest of the additional ingredients and cheese.

Mix the eggs and milk together until completely mixed.
Pour over bread mix.

Can refrigerate overnight or cook immediately. (I do overnight)
Cook for 1hr at 350. (uncovered)

Comes out perfect EVERY time!

7 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Oh, I'll take the egg recipe. Sounds yummy!!

Good job on avoiding the candy! I wish that I were that disciplined. Charm didn't even get candy in her basket, but I still seem to find some to eat...ugh!

How's Milobaby?? Off to check the site...

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Misti said...

i haven't had a drop of candy eithr, go us *highfive* But i've been sick,not sure that counts,LOL>
can't wait to see the pictures.

6:23 PM

 
Blogger suzspeaks said...

the egg bake sounds so yummy!!!

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I'm catching up on your blog. No waxing eyebrows? ugh. I would hate that.
Logan sounds like he's at a hilarious stage with the being right all the time.

Good for you on the no candy. I've been thinking about you. Can you believe they're 15 moths--yours is almost 16 months! that has gone by SOOOOOOO fast.

7:04 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Our Easter Bunny left Whole Grain Trix and my kids thought they were the best treat on earth.

Of course this is the same 2 year-old that has had juice three times at home...

7:49 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

i feel like I kinda missed out on Easter. I would have loved some kix!

6:44 AM

 
Blogger Linda said...

I am the same way with chocolate!! My biggest weakness.

That egg dish sounds good. I will have to write that recipe down.

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home