The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"He's like a monkey at the zoo!"

Last night I was having a nice chat with Dave and all of a sudden he says,
"Miles is like a monkey at the zoo! You know how you see them up top on some huge climbing thing and then they fall and do a couple rolls and get up happily? THAT is Miles!"
Oh my gosh, I laughed SO hard because it is SO true.
Miles knows how to fall.
He can fall without getting hurt.
I used to cringe when I would see him in the middle of the couch trying to step down. Every time he'd fall I'd take a quick breath in waiting for the tears (we pull the cushions down so he falls ON the cushions)
The tears never happen!
What usually happens is he falls, does a couple rolls or flips and lands happily on the floor. He then gets up and does it again.
The boy has no fear.
You know how you hear parents of extreme athletes say, 'when he/she was little he/she would never keep his/her feet on the ground'
That is my boy.
He seems to have down pat the fall/roll/get up/try again.

See, it's all so different from the first boy who had the whole, 'I may fall, so I won't even try without holding mommy's hand' approach!

So the future, if I'm seeing it correctly, will have broken bones and bruises, but he just might teach the rest of us some courage!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I'm always comparing Holden to a monkey as well!

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home