The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It was a warm spring evening.
I was recovering yet from the lingering affects of the mono that caused me to drop out of my last trimester of my first year of college.
I decided to go out with one of my best girlfriends, although I nearly changed my mind right at the end.
She heard of a party from an old classmate. I didn't want to go.
We decided to go for an hour at the most.

It was as boring as we thought it would be, but the beer was free.
I noticed a boy. A cute boy. Too cute for me.
He was one of those really tall athletic looking types.
He had a chiseled nose and sunken in eyes. He had cute sideburns that went down his cheek.
Out of my league.

My friend knew that I thought he was cute, so after we drank a bit of courage, we found ourselves sitting next to the cute boy.
My friend found herself busy talking to other people that she had no interest in talking to. Friends do that for each other.
I talked to the cute boy.
We sat and talked all evening.
My friend talked to the cute boy's best friend.
When it was time to go home, I gave the cute boy my number.

The next day, cute boy called and invited us over to watch a movie with him and his best friend.
The next 2 weeks we were together, all four of us, a lot.
One evening, the four of us had plans to go out.
I got a call from my friend who had to cancel. At that same time, the cute boy got a call from his friend canceling.
It was our first night out alone.
Our friends planned it.
They knew they were going nowhere.
They knew we were going somewhere.

10 years ago today I met Dave, the 'cute boy'.
The boy who was way out of my league, who is now my husband.
Amazing what happens in such a short amount of time.

4 Comments:

Blogger graymama said...

What a great story!

2:49 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

What a sweet story! :D Did the friends stand in your wedding?

3:03 PM

 
Blogger Tonya said...

What an awesome story!! Wow 10 years ago..

4:08 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

That's cool... I love reading "how we met" stories. And uh, happy anniversary 'of sorts'. :)

3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home