The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Miles is in the midst of outgrowing his morning nap.
If you've done this before, you know that this means about a week or two of a VERY unhappy baby mid morning.
That's what we're doing this week, want to come play?
Saturday here was SO beautiful. I did a little plant shopping and then planting.
The sun was on my shoulders.
My mood was lifted sky high.

Our inlaws told us they'd keep the kids overnight as well! We haven't done this since September, I believe.
We had it all planned out. We were going to 'our restaurant' and we were going to go downtown and walk around and hit a couple of the bars downtown. We were going to stay out late and sleep in in the morning.
We were excited!!
Miles woke up from his nap at 3:30 and I knew instantly something was wrong.
He wasn't crying like he usually does and he felt REALLY warm.
102.7
Tylenol and Motrin didn't bring it down until many MANY hours later when we put him to bed. It was 100.7 at that time.
In the morning, it was still 101.6.

We missed our evening out, but instead of a crabby toddler, I got the sweetest little sick baby.
He melted into me. We cuddled all afternoon and evening.
He didn't make a peep.

His fever went away exactly 24 hrs later, and strangely enough there were no other symptoms of sickness. He DID pop a tooth in that time, but I've always heard that the whole fever+teething is a myth? Who knows.

So instead of staying out late and hitting the town, we ordered Pizza and watched an 'on demand' movie.
------------
Oh, and since little man is now 90% done with morning naps, when am I going to blog?

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I'm sorry that Miles has been sick, but I'm glad that you got some cuddling in! I secretly admit it. I love those days!

2:58 PM

 
Blogger Odd Mix said...

Sonds to me like you got a better night than you had planned - but maybe that's just me.

10:45 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

Awww I love when they cuddle like that.

My kids all had the fever thing before they cut a tooth...plus major gross poop.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I don't care what they say.
Every single time one of mine got a new tooth it was accompanied with a fever. Seriously, that can't be a coincidence for every single time.
Hope you get a night out soon though!

8:06 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I'm sorry that Miles was sick, and that you couldn't have your night out. However, I do know how good it feels to have your son let you cuddle him without making a peep. Bliss...

9:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home