The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Bring in the dumpster (and some exciting news)

I'm got in in my system...the need to purge.
It usually happens this time of year, but not to the severity that it has this year.

I wish I could say I was organized. It's really a goal of mine, but we're not.
We're NOT!
We're 'pilers'. We pile everything and then eventually we've got a grocery shopping bag full of papers that need to be filed etc...

We've got a tiny basement. We live in a tri-level which means 3 half levels of living space and only 1 half level of basement. Add in the laundry area, a finished office for Dave and all of my scrapbooking stuff, it doesn't leave much room for 'stuff'.
So yesterday I decided that I didn't need a LOT of that stuff anymore.
I mean, really, do I need to have exasaucers and bouncy seats and highchairs anymore?
NO! Do I need carton after carton of baby BOY clothes? NO!!!!
IF we are going to adopt, we're not coming home with a baby OR a boy, so what's the point?
My sister is visiting and I filled up the back of the Santa Fe with all sorts of things. She took the exasaucer, but didn't want the bouncy seats. She took half the clothes, the 'cute' ones. She took old curlers that I would NEVER use EVER again. She took old nicknacks, candles, candle holders, vases. She took old holiday decor that has never seen the light of day.

After Dave got home, I loaded up the ENTIRE back of my van full of baby things and pottery and old nicknacks that Jesy didn't want and shoes and coats and ALLLLL kinds of things to take to Good Will.
The only reason I stopped filling up the van is because there was NO MORE ROOM in my van.
I still have 2 huge bags of shoes to take, LOTS more baby clothes to go through, and a million bags of toys I could deliver today. Not to mention clothes that Dave and I don't wear.
The toy thing is the tricky part because it has to be done sans children. Not too easy when you stay at home with your children.

Dave at first was all, "aren't you going to Craig list this stuff? Ebay it?"
But really, we got a tax deduction, so it's all the same, just 1/4 of the work.

I'm just ready to purge and start fresh. Perhaps if I get rid of all the things we will NEVER use anymore, we'll be able to start organizing more.
-----------------
As for the exciting news.
My company (trying not to steer family members here) is included in a gift basket for one pregnant celebrity. This celebrity is expecting the gift basket, so it's not just going out without knowing that she'll even get it. She'll get it! She'll hold my little tees in her hands. Whether she'll like them or have her babies wear them is another story, but I'm a big fan and super excited! It's a gamble, but fun none the less!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I love to throw things away. Love it!

Good for you organization is so exciting! Yes I am a geek!

Congrats on the baby gift basket so very cool. She will love the tees they are adorable.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Amie said...

That is so exciting!!!

1:20 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I'm wanting to get rid of stuff, too. Planned to this week, but the flu got us.

That is so cool about your company!!!

5:07 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Last year I felt the same way. Let's just say that Goodwill KNOWS me now. Good for you for cleaning up, and for getting your clothes in her gift basket!!!

5:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome you're going to be included in her baby basket. Yeah for you!!!!

11:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home