The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

My sappy little post

OK, I was done posting until after Christmas, but then I'm sitting here, alone in my quiet house for a few more minutes and thought I'd take an opportunity to make a memory of my feelings right now.
I'm listening to Christmas music at the moment. My favorite songs are songs about Jesus and his birth. I'm not overly religious, but I was as a child. I went to a Lutheran school K-8th grade. We had church daily and we did amazing Christmas programs. This time of year is a favorite of mine.
Unfortunately, we do Christmas Eve with Dave's parents. I've been dying to go see a Christmas program at a church for a couple of years now, and I just haven't made myself skip the family time to go.
2 years ago, when I was big and fully pregnant with Miles during this time, Christmas songs about Jesus' birth made me cry. I felt like I knew a little bit what Mary felt like...in a weird little way.
Very weird way.
But I did.
I felt my baby in my tummy and wondered when he would come. Would he be born on the day Jesus was born? How did Mary travel that far being THIS big?
It was the most emotional Christmas of my life.
Last year, as I was nearing the first anniversary of my birth, otherwise known as Miles 1st birthday, the tears still came.
This year, I hear my new favorite Christmas song, 'Do you hear what I hear?' and again, I feel so emotional.
I'm totally not feeling the Santa part of Christmas this year. One thing that is has been true for me, once I became a mother, the Jesus part of Christmas totally takes over the Santa part.
I just love Christmas, and hope that soon, VERY soon I can take Logan and Miles to a program to witness the REAL miracle of Christmas.

5 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

You were the Jen on my list. And I meant it.

I see the church nativity play every year, and it chokes me up everytime.

6:15 AM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Have a very merry christmas!

12:41 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwwwwww!!!

Merry Christmas, woman.

1:48 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I was just saying how I felt like that on Christmas of 04, too. I had all of those same thoughts. I think its very special to be hugely pregnant with a boy at Christmas.

You and your family are in my prayers. Have a very merry christmas!

5:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas...and here's hoping for some joy (and relief) in 2007 for you...I've been reading through bloglines, thinking of you, and sending good vibes!

4:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home