The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

When times get overwhelming, take my advice...get a pedicure!
Last night, blogger friend 1, blogger friend 2 and I went out for dinner and manicures/pedicures.
I'll be honest, I thought about canceling right up to the last minute. I thought, I've still got one more present to buy that will cost about $40, and the pedicure is going to cost about $40.
I went back and forth.

I need a nice relaxing night.

I don't need to spend $40 on it.

But I need a nice relaxing night....

Yeah, well, I went for it, and I'm SO glad I did.

This is the 2nd time I've been to this place.
It's not a fancy salon by any stretch.
It's small, with 4 manicure stations and 4 pedicure stations.
It appears to be a family business.
And they work HARD.

Embarrassingly enough, my guy had to work a little harder on my feet than blogger friend 1, but let me tell you, my feet are SOFT!

So, when things are rocky and you just need to relax, schedule yourself a pedicure in a nice little unknown place. They charge $20 less than the fancy ones and probably work 10 times harder to make you happy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I'm still jealous that you got the orbital sander, though. That looked SO COOL. :)

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You know we would have totally kidnapped you if you canceled, right?

I mean that's what friends do...

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

You totally deserved it!

I am so jealous. I just got one about 2 weeks ago but not with fabulous blogger friends!

3:36 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

So glad that you decided to take care of YOU!

8:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home