The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Up to my elbows

For those of you with traveling spouses, you know the drill.
Make life as easy as possible while your spouse is gone and all is well.
Easy meals, perhaps more TV than usual, WAY more outings to pass the time.
Sometimes your efforts make time fly, and sometimes it is just long no matter how many outings you put in your calendar.

Well, I've gotten used to the traveling. I've been solo more times that I could probably count. Luckily with Dave's new job, the traveling has subsided by 90%.
We are currently on day 8 of a 10 day outing.
In the 8 days so far, I had a stomach bug which was NO fun when you have a little boy who can not let you ahem..go to the bathroom alone.

I got over it, and then we moved on to Miles having his first ever flu.
Complete with Diarrhea, vomiting and fever.
He threw up 6 times in one sleep which meant I had to change him and his sheets 6 times in one night and continue on being the happy mom the next day even though I had only a couple short hours of sleep.

Last night Logan started throwing up at 2:30am. I went to bed at 11:30pm.
3 hours of sleep.
From 2:30am-current time(9:09am) he has thrown up every 45 minutes.
EVERY 45 MINUTES.

He's sick, so very very sick. He's NEVER had the flu before in his life. He's so sad and after the first 'incident' told me that he didn't want the flu and asked how I was going to make it go away NOW.

The good thing about having the flu when you're 5 vs almost 2 is that you can aim in a bucket. I only had to change the sheets one time for him. The rest of the time was me dumping the bucket, gagging, willing myself not to throw up, and then rinsing it out in the tub..all while hoping and praying Miles wasn't going to wake up with all the commotion.

Logan is usually a mountain of energy.
Right now, he's laying on the floor with his pillow and blanket watching something that Miles likes just so Miles will be quiet.
One thing about Logan is that he doesn't lay anywhere except his bed.
He never lays down to watch TV.
He's sad and sick and I just feel awful for him.

And because I'm the most selfish person in the world, I'm sad for me too because dammit, I'm TIRED! 2 nights in a row with no sleep and no husband to help clean up puke equals one tired cranky mama!!

So, I've been up to my elbows, literally, in puke and puke filled towels, sheets, blankets and jammies.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, yucky. I feel for you, I do. Thomas usually just throws up on me, or the floor. I'm usually so paranoid about dehydration that we end up in the ER for an IV.
I hope everyone gets some sleep tonight. Poor babies.

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Steff said...

It's heartbreaking when they are sick isn't it

9:01 PM

 
Blogger DDanielle said...

I felt so bad for my little guy last week. He and I both had the flu. He just wanted to be held, I just wanted to sleep. So my mother-in-law came over to help (my husband was away).
I hope you all feel better real soon:-)

8:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home