The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Anything you can do, I can do better...

Life in our house is changing by the day.

First off, in case he ever sees this, I'm sorry Jeff.
Jeff is my older brother. The one that I taunted and followed and pretended to be interested in everything he was. I had crushes on his friends, and must have been a pain in the ass.

Lately, everything that Logan does, Miles tries.
Logan jumps, Miles jumps.
Logan wants to play cars, Miles steals the cars so he can play with them.
Logan wants a waffle for breakfast, and Miles decides that the French Toast he is eating is not good anymore and HE needs a waffle.

It really goes on and on and on.
It's gotten so bad that this morning after shunning his French Toast when he saw Logan didn't want French toast, Miles, was given a waffle with syrup. Logan on the other hand wanted Peanut Butter on his waffle. Already wasting a piece of French Toast, I made Logan HIDE his waffle so that Miles didn't see the Peanut butter on it.
Yeah, maybe I should take the reins, but it worked for today.

Sometimes Logan LOVES the extra attention and eats it up.
He proclaims that he loves Miles more than anyone on the world, "except you mom" and it's fun to watch.
They pretend they are dogs and chase each other all around laughing and barking. Hey..it's cute. So what if my kids pretend to be dogs! ;)
Miles is WAAY more outgoing and fearless than Logan, so he has no qualms about jumping off the couch like his brother does. He'll try anything, as long as Logan can do it.

Sometimes Logan HATES it. As a big sister, I can relate.
Sometimes he just wants to 'read' his book and not have his brother try and rip it out of his hand. I don't blame him, of course, but unless he's in his room there's not much I can do except try to redirect.

But the good thing about this new development is that little by little I can see my boys becoming friends. Sure, it's not all the time, and I know it won't BE all the time, but it's coming.
Next year, when he's 3 and Logan is 6 I can see them collaborating together. I can see forts and secrets and brotherly fun.
And it will only get better! Age 4 and 7, then 5 and 8. So, even though 75% of the time we've got someone yelling at the other because "He's TOUCHING me" or "I was playing with it FIRST" I can see the light of, "Let's go play together" and it's so exciting!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

My three older boys play together all day long, and there is rarely even a fight (unlike me and my sisters).

It is so nice to see them as buddies, and it's also nice not to have them hanging on me and following me around all day. You will love it when they play together.

11:22 AM

 
Blogger Anne said...

We have the exact same thing going on over here! And the boys love to pretend to be dogs, too. And kitties.

7:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home