The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Do they always have such good manners...

This cracks me up.
I'm pretty sure every mom agrees with me on this one.
I had a doctors appt this morning while Logan was in preschool. I asked my neighbor and friend to watch Miles. She has an almost 2 year old little boy, and they play so well together.
When I come back the first thing she said is, "My son had super bad runny poopies! I'm SO sorry! They are so bad they are running down his legs. I've changed him 6 times in the last hour..." as I'm watching them play together, then hug each other.

Lovely.

I can only imagine that this weekend might be filled with poop.

The SECOND thing she says is, "Do you guys go around your house always having such great manners, or is he just being nice to me?"

He said please and thank you all day long. He was so polite and well behaved!!

And I guess really, it's a two fold answer.
Yes, we really do have lots of 'please's and thank you's' in my house on a daily basis. Logan asks for a 'snack please' or 'more juice please' or says thank you if I let him play on the computer.
It's just a part of our life. It wasn't that way before we had kids, but just seeing the lack of manners kids have these days, I wanted MY kids to learn manners and how to be polite from the time they started talking so that it was habit.
It's worked.

But the well behaved thing. THAT is the part that cracks me up.
Why is it that your kids can be animals in your own house, yet the most polite well behaved child in someone elses house. It makes no sense to me what so ever.
Sure, I'm pleased that he was good for her, and I'm pleased when people tell me how well behaved Logan is, but a little more of that good behavior at home would be nice, no?

A little update on my mom...we're still looking at another 3 1/2 weeks until the Dr said she can bear weight on her leg. She's still in a nursing home, and we're expecting another 4-6 weeks if not more. It's tough.
She DID however just yesterday 'walk' with a walker 33 steps. That's huge. Granted the steps on her bad leg were all arm work, but she walked 33 steps! I'm super proud!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I am glad your mom is getting better 33 steps is fabulous!

Thankfully kids are better behaved when with others but it is still frustrating I am sure because why can they not be good for you...SIGH!

10:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home