The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First broken bone

Yesterday evening, Logan was at his Grandparents house. They have wall to almost wall wood floors and Logan likes to run and slide on his knees.
Unfortunately, his toes bent and they heard a loud crack.
He was unable to walk all night and woke up a few times in the middle of the night in pain.

Here, I thought he sprained/strained it. I thought the constant, "Mom, can you carry me to the table?" was him looking for attention! Bad mommy!!

We went in for X-rays today and the doctor wasn't positive it if was broken or not so he had Radiology look. Sure enough! One of the middle bones was broken. Then he asked pediatric orthosurgery JUST to be sure, and again they agreed it was broken.

Logan's got to wear a boot, but no cast, Thank GOD! Can you imagine? (Mom Underground, I guess you can, huh?)

So, I've got one child who is chair bound. What can I do to get the other one to sit on a chair for the rest of the afternoon?

4 Comments:

Blogger formerteacher said...

SO sorry to hear about your son's broken bone! Hope he feels better soon. It's always something, isn't it?!

9:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Logan! I don't think there's anything you can do to get a 2 year old to sit still for the afternoon.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"What can I do to get the other one to sit on a chair for the rest of the afternoon?"

Might I suggest duct tape or Crazy Glue?

Hope Logan is on the road to recovery soon!!

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Sue said...

Poor lil' guy! Hopefully his toe will heal quickly!

12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home