The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's a funny thing, time.

Today is a glorious day.
It's been busy with work...good work!

I mailed out the gifts for that celebrity I told you about. Very very excited about that.
I mailed out a packet of information for a new 'recruit' that I have for my 2nd business. Again, very exciting.
I finally got the boot for Logan's foot. Yay. Now he things he's thee coolest 5 yr old in the world and surprise, his foot doesn't hurt anymore!
I've sent off the OK to be included in a major baby show that will include my company in a email list of over 9,000 people as well as on their site and in their program folder.
Dave and I have made some major business decisions that will affect how we run our company as well.
Life is very good so far this year.
I can't help but be happy every morning when I wake up and even still happy when my head hits the pillow.

Did I mention that today is Miles' birthday?
Yep. He's two years old today.
Two.
I'm a mom of a 5 year old and a 2 year old.
Isn't that wonderful.
The funny thing, last year at this time I wasn't feeling so optimistic.
Remember?
Go ahead, click the link. I'll wait.

Last year was a really hard time for me. I remember sitting there like a maniac watching the clock with my hospital records in hand reliving what I couldn't remember, wishing they took longer notes so that I could understand everything.
I remember crying a lot last year and being grateful that Miles and I were both still alive.
This year, I don't have any of those feelings. Sure, I know that exactly right now 2 years ago today I was lying on the bed willing myself to just make it until it was time to get up and go to the hospital. I was too sick to even freak out, but my mind was freaking out.
But you know what? I'm not having a hard time with it this year.

They say that first anniversary's of traumatic events are the hardest, and boy let me tell you that that was right in my situation.
This 2nd anniversary is so different.
This year I"m sitting there listening to Miles try to say 'Happy Birthday' and trying to show me that he can (NOT) stick 2 fingers out and say 'Two!'
I'm thinking how blessed we are that finally after many MANY MANY months he's decided to go with the flow and not be so cranky anymore.
I enjoyed the sleepy headed little boy that decided he needed to sit on my lap for a half hour this morning snuggled in with a blanket and a pacifier while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse together before he decided it was time to start the morning with breakfast.
There is no more anxious feelings. No more jealous of others with normal births and normal conception times. I don't even want to laugh at the women who say they had a HORRIBLE birth experience even though they were able to deliver in a normal amount of time, with an epidural and no 15 extra bodies at what seemed like 15 I.V.'s in the room when the baby was coming out. (well, OK, I still laugh in my head) My feelings of bitterness are gone.
That is something I never would have thought would be the case.

Time, it changes everything.
The last 5 years I have changed into a complete different person.
Life hardened me in some spots and completely mellowed me out in others.
I'd like to talk about this soon, so hopefully I won't forget.

As for now, I can sit back and realize that my baby is really no longer a baby.
He's a 2 year old boy.
We've made it through another year and will, God willing, have many more to cherish.

Happy Birthday little buddy.
You've changed my life.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

This was SO good to read.

YAY!

And happy birthday Miles!!

5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed it was -- it's great to "hear" that optimism shine through, and I'm so glad you're feeling so good. Happy Birthday to Miles! My how time flies...

8:15 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Happy birthday Miles!!! I'm so glad that this year has been so much better for you. I agree that the first year after a traumatic event is the worst, and I am glad that the second one has been so much better for you. I cannot believe that little guy is already two! Enjoy!...

9:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Miles.

Time really does work miracles.

3:22 AM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

happy Birthday Miles. I am so glad you are so happy right now!

8:36 AM

 
Blogger The Odd Mix said...

Happy New Year! I am back from vacation and working my way around saying, "Hi!"

I am glad you are feeling better this year than last.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...stop making me cry.

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

I'm glad Mile's bday was easier this year, I remember how tough it was last year.

6:53 PM

 
Blogger graymama said...

Happy Birthday Miles!

I agree that the second year is easier.

Happiness and cuddles are the best gift :-)

11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home