The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, January 19, 2007

You know the whole 'internet' friend thing...Well, there is someone online that I've never met, and she probably doesn't even know my blog exists. I've been 'reading' and cheering her along for years, literally.
Olivia Drab is pregnant, with a heartbeat and all. Seeing this is pregnancy #10, I'm pretty sure it's anonymous that this deserves a pretty big celebration.

I'm a middle child and have always joked with my parents about how they let all things important (like the CAMERA)slide when it came to me. Yet, my older brother and younger sister didn't miss a beat. I vowed to never do that to my 2nd child. Well crap. It's happening!
I got Logan's picture taken at Sears or Penneys every month in his first year. I did 11 months with Miles.
I got Logan's picture taken on his 1st and 2nd birthday...probably on the day exactly knowing how I was. Miles has been 2 now for 2 weeks and I've yet to bring him in. Along with the sears-penneys thing, we also took a picture every month with the same bear so we could watch him grow. I was doing good with Miles until 10 months when I remember that I didn't do month 9. So, we pretended he was 9 months and took the picture and then gave him a bath and then gave him month 10 with his hair wet and in different clothes. Shhh!
Then, I totally forgot month 11, but I remembered month 12.

Video, OH the video. I have video of Logan just laying there. It's incredible how much video I have of him. I just don't have the time to drag out the camera every day.
I'm slacking.
But DAMN I made it so hard to keep up!
Why did I think that I'd have time to do all that with #2? I should have made it easy and did the typical 1-3-6-12 month pictures, right? ;)

I'm sure this is a typical scenario, the 2nd child thing. So, I've decided to stop joking with my mom about the fact that I have 3 pieces of info in my baby book...total. One was my weight at birth, my length at birth and the color of my hair.
NOTHING else.
Luckily, both boys have a chuck full baby book they can see someday (which they probably won't care because they are BOYS and do your husbands really care when they sat up alone or when they first tried peaches? I think not)

1 Comments:

Blogger formerteacher said...

First off, my husband's mother gave me his baby book when my oldest was born, and we are so happy that she did. I often think my boys won't care about things like that because they are BOYS, but I have to remember that if they don't, their wives might.

Okay, onto the second child thing, yah, I am guilty too. I would take a picture every month of my oldest in the same spot in our house with just his diaper, plus there was video complete with commentary of his many accomplishments every month. Yah, you know where I'm going here. It isn't happening that way this time either. But, like you, they both have baby books that are filled with things. We do our best, eh?!

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home