The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Those poor women

Today, I ran about 50 million errands.
It was SO busy and I noticed a strange coincidence. The men were out.
There were cute guys everywhere!

Where did all these men come from, I wondered as I was impatiently waiting in line at the pharmacy attached to the grocery store. As I was pushing my way past stupid people while shopping, I noticed groups of them.

Some in suits, some in scrubs, some who appeared to work in construction.

Ahhhhh....then I saw it.
They were grabbing what they could find.
Stupid helium I HEART YOU balloons.
Grocery store flowers (not that I mind these btw-flowers are flowers, but on VALENTINES DAY)
Trying hard to find one acceptable card in the isle that had only 7 Valentine's Day cards left.

Some had it right and chose bottles of wine. Others wandered aimlessly with a lone rose and balloon searching for something else.

WHY!!! WHY were they at the GROCERY STORE buying Valentines Day presents?
I'm sure they could have found something at the mall?
But no, I'll tell you why...they waited until they were DONE with work to pick up something, ANYTHING that would get them laid tonight.

Poor women.

I bet all of them act surprised and excited about the lone rose with the grocery store sticker on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I don't accept a Valentine's Day gift or card at the end of the day. Oh no. I require presentation of his offerings right when we wake up. That way I KNOW he had to think about it beforehand. Heh heh heh! But I also don't expect anything, either, because Valentine's Day is silly.

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I got nothing and would have smacked Sugar Daddy had he spent money on something dumb.

I'd rather not get gifts for years at a time while he saves up for something I really want instead of blowing $5, $10, $15 or whatever for dumb holidays like V-Day and Sweetest Day...

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home