The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ah, don't ya love it...

Recently a new sandwich store opened in Madison.
If you have yet to visit one of these stores and you live in the few states that have them, you MUST go!
I can't get enough of them!
I could eat sandwiches/subs/wraps every day of my life.

So, I went for my 2nd time in a week last night.
After a long day, I got to escape for 1 1/2 hrs to grab a yummy sandwich and peruse the sales at Old Navy. (Anyone else notice the LOW LOW quality lately...I'm thinking I'm almost done there)
As I waited patiently for my sandwich to come out of the toaster, the cute guy working there (with the totally sexy accent) struck up a conversation with me.
"You seem happy! Good day?"
"Well, sort of...you?"
"Are you just leaving work, or are you on your way to work?"
"Um....well, just leaving sort of"
"Off for some retail therapy? What are you shopping for?"
"Oh, nothing, just wandering I guess"
"Ah, no wonder you're so happy! I wish I was leaving (with a wink), where do you work"

Now, I don't know if he was flirting, as I'm completely oblivious to that, you know, since I've been with my husband for 11 years, but let's just say it was strange that this man was striking up a conversation asking about where I work, where I was going etc....and for some strange reason I felt really weird about saying that I "work" by staying home with my 2 kids. See my minivan out there? ;)
But I had no choice, and I'm a baad baad lire. Even if I wanted to pretend I worked some place fun, he would probably know someone who worked there!

"Well, I actually stay home with my kids."
"OH, really! Wow!"
"Yep......"
"Well, that's cool!"

And then the conversation slowly turned back to my sandwich and my condiments.
Dave had a good laugh over the conversation.
"I wonder how hard they laughed when you backed out in your minivan!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wait, what did thay guy in the mall call you? A hot bitch...was that it?

Girl, you rock that minivan.

9:15 PM

 
Blogger DDanielle said...

I LOVE Potbelly....well I used to, then I looked at the nutrition count of my favorite sandwhich (The Italian), and it hasn't been the same. But it is awesome that the will cut some of the bread down so you can have a "skinny" sandwhich and save some calories:-)

9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home