The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Anticipation

Last week, the kids and I were doing our weekly grocery shopping when all of a sudden we hear on the loud speaker,
"Hey kids! This isn't for the parents, so parents stop listening! Kids, on Saturday morning the Easter Bunny is going to hide over 2000 eggs here! We're giving prizes away and even free donuts and juice to make it easier for your parents to roll out of bed. You won't want to miss it!"

"2000 EGGS!?!?! We're totally coming!!"

And so all week we talked about 2000 eggs.
All week long we counted the days until Saturday.
All week long we told as many people as we could about 2000 eggs.

Last night we were reminded about just how EARLY it was going to be if he really did want to go.
We'd probably have to set our alarms for 6:30. (Logan sleeps until 7:30 75% of the time)
That was A-OK with him.

So, last night I reminded him that I'd be waking him up early and he promised he'd already be awake. ;) Daddy was all set to take him while I stayed home with Miles.

When the alarm went off and I realized that I was warm in my bed and neither kid was awake it was really hard to get up.
I sneaked into Logan's room and he was sleeping so sweet, both arms under his head.
When he felt my hand on his chest he popped open his eyes to look at the clock and then sat right up all ready to get dressed and head out.
He has NEVER moved so fast in the morning in his life.

So, as I sit here listening to Miles complain about the breakfast he asked for, Logan is in Easter Egg heaven! I can't wait to hear all about it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Gosh I hope...

1. They hold it and it wasn't cancelled for some reason.

2. There aren't 2000000 kids there so he GETS a chance to get some eggs.



Good Luck!

9:24 AM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Hope your little boy had a great time! Your little boy being ready to go like that---too cute!!!

2:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home