The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

2nd child syndrome

If I were in a contest with you for 'best mommy award', trust me, you'd win!

Here's the scene in my house this morning.
Logan, up-fed-dressed, waiting so patiently (with a little help from Sesame Street) for the time when I say, "School time!"

He's watching Elmo, rather intrigued about how Elmo is flying though trees, just like his hero Diego. (any Go Diego Go people here?)

'Ahhh...sweet precious child. You make life for mommy SO easy!' I think as I kiss the top of his head as I walk by.

Scene two.
Cry...whine...cry...whine....translates into, "mom. I've had it. Would YOU like to be on the floor all the time? Yeah, and these toys, they're old and boring. Oh, and you don't fool me for more than a minute when you break out the kitchen tools. So the spoon with the big blue handle is cool for a minute, that's ALL I'm giving you. Oh, so you think that because your coffee is ready that I'm going to allow you to DRINK it? Can you do it one handed with my hand swinging at the mug from your other arm?? I didn't think so! I don't know how long it's going to take you to understand that I make the rules around here now.
And I say, PICK ME UP and carry me around no matter what it is that you're doing. Oh and you can't sit down with me either. The minute you sit down, or the minute you SIT ME down, all hell's breaking loose. Got it? GOT IT? Good!'

So, what does any good mother do in this situation?
Put down the coffee mug, pick up the whiney child, and sit down playing patty-cake with him. Peek-a-boo, tickle games, sing songs, kiss toes...

Yeah, well, I wasn't in that mood this morning.

What did I do?

Ahhh sweet baby, let me pick you up. It's time you learned something really cool. THIS red furry thing is ELMO. He talks really high and it's quite irritating to adults, but for some reason kids like him. Yes, and that's cookie monster. He'll teach you to eat your food way to fast and to pass up veggies for cookies. That's OK with mommy. Yes, get closer. Go ahead. WATCH TV!

Well, it didn't work for more than 2 minutes, but hell if I won't try again tomorrow.

And did you know you could down a cup of coffee in less than 2 minutes?
You can!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Guilty of the same thing here.
Mommy needs her coffee!!

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

Here its Dora and backyardagins (spelling??)
oh I have downed many cups in 2 minutes *sigh*
Lets hope tomorrow hes happy playing contently at your feet while you enjoy the coffee.

4:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home