The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, May 26, 2006

I'll get you, my pretty!

I've had a major drive to find a family physical activity that we can all look forward to. One that we can all do, and one that doesn't include tossing a football back and forth. You see, that might be fun for 3/4's of my family some day, but we all know the 1/4 is the most important part.
Seeing Miles isn't quite 1 1/2 yrs old yet, this has been difficult.
The boy hates this stroller.
Did I tell you about the time where he literally climbed out the bottom when I stopped for 20 seconds?
How about the time where he screamed like he was being tortured the entire mile block walk we did.
Yeah. Walking isn't going to work.
We bit the bullet and bought Logan a pedal trailer to connect to Dave's bike and Miles a bike seat connected to mine.

I'm happy to say, it passes Miles happy test.

While he may not show it, I think he loves it.
Or maybe I"m just thinking because I'm TELLING him to say 'Whee!!" and he is, that he likes it. (Well, it's more like ooooeeeee)

So off we've gone, every night this week on a 4-5 mile ride. Zipping through new neighborhoods, dreaming of new houses.

I foresee state parks and bike trails. I foresee riding our bikes to t-ball or out to breakfast.
Or maybe I'm just in dreamland, but even so, I think I found something that Miles likes!! That in itself is a means for celebration!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Fun!! I love bike riding. Back when it was just two boys we would put them in the bike trailer and go for long rides. I miss that so much.

(try being 1/6! LOL)

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Tonya said...

YAY!! It is so great that he likes it and it is a fun way to spend some family time not to mention the exercise you will get from all those long rides..lol

9:07 AM

 
Blogger Odd Mix said...

Those trailers are awesome. And using it as a family is awesome-er.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

That is fantastic!
I've been on the same kind of kick. That's why I was obsessed with getting to the lake.

7:28 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Glad everyone had fun!!

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home