The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, February 06, 2004

My Mother-in-law called today.
It was quite the conversation too....
I told my parents and inlaws recently about our infertility issues.
Then, earlier in the week we talked a bit on the phone and I was just so upset, and she could hear it.
So today, the conversation went a little like this.

"Jen, I don't get to voice my opinion very often...(lol)...and really keep out of everything...(roflol)...but as Logans grandmother, daves mother, and your mother-in-law I feel that I might have some sort of say here. (yes, about our infertility...SHE has a say!)
Ok...humor her and let her go on.

She feels that we are so young to just give up on getting pregnant again. She feels like even if we DO go into debt we will pay it off in no time because of Daves great job. She feels that we should go to the appt and do the tests, and all will work out in the end. She THEN told me how she was telling her friend about my infertility (yes...her friend!) and her FRIEND went through infertility and invitro and adoption and her FRIEND told her, "MONEY! That is why they don't want to go any further??? My family cost me 200,000 and they are worth every PENNY!!! And that was 10 years ago, and we don't have that debt anymore!!" THEN...she told me about how she was telling her MOTHER! Yep...her MOTHER! And her mother said,....in her own words...."well, tell them I am going to croak anyway someday soon, so they will get some money then!"
oh yes(sarcastic) this is my inlaws! For some reason, I am the topic of conversation! Its funny really, because when I miscarried, they didn't want a SOUL to know! No aunts/uncles etc....but infertility is another story! Lets tell EVERYONE!!!
She then told me that she is going to talk to Dave too because maybe it is one or the other holding the other one back.
The truth of the matter is, she is right! I agree! I DO want to go to the RE appt!! I DO want to try at least one cycle on injectables!
If money were not an issue, I'd be ALL for it!
I told dave to watch out for the phone to ring, and he got a little huffy/puffy and said we would talk more at home.
So, I guess we will talk more later!
Don't you love it when your family gets involved??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home