The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Well, today has been a great day.
My spirits are high!
Dave and I decided that we will seriously persue adoption come summer time if we are not pregnant. We are both happy with that decision, and it really makes me feel like there WILL be a baby for us!!
Its helped me a lot to know that fact.
Dave is about to start a total life changing plan.
He is going to become more certified in his cisco stuff (OK...I have NO idea what he does, but I DO know he works with computers! lol) but anyway, He plans on the next 10 months to pass 5 tests to make him certified in this one area that he is interested in, and then the next 1 1/2 years to study for this other exam that currently in the WORLD there are only 10,000 people who are certified. Apparently there are only about 4,500 people in the US who have this certification. This will enable him to get a job ANYWHERE and the money opportunity is endless. BUT...it DOES take about 1 1/2 years to study for this exam. The lab alone costs $1,200 dollars not including flight/hotel to San Jose. It will be EXTREMELY tough! He said it is like taking the Bar exam AND your CPA exam at the same time. It will be like starting college for him. He said this next 10 months he WILL have to study for at least one hr a night at home. When he passes all 5 tests, it will go to studing for 2 hrs/night for 1 1/2 years.
A LOT of work!
But I am totally supportive of his advanced learning. He wants this really bad, and I KNOW he can do it.
SO, what that means for us both is that we are going to be vigilant with our vitamins. And we are going to start exercising more. I found this program at www.womanruntoo.com (I think...maybe org) and it is a program to get your body in shape to jog. I REALLY would love to be a jogger. For a couple of reasons. One...vanity. Apparently running is the #1 way to loose weight and to tone the quickest. Two...I'd be really proud of myself if I could job this spring/summer/fall. Three.....I think it will be a nice break for me right when Dave gets home from work. I can go jogging and come home and make dinner.
A healthier person makes a better parent!
So what it does is gives you a 12 week program to be able to job 30 minutes (about 3 miles) without a break. It starts out really easy. 2 min run/2 min walk...repeat until 30 minutes is reached...then like 3 min run/3 min walk...all the way on up.
We have an eliptical machine, so I am going to do my 12 weeks on that and then, spring will be here and I can take it to the streets!
Wish me luck!
I figure with Dave motivated, I will do the same!! I think the depression has got me SO lazy lately! I sleep SO much, more than I should need, so this will help me get some energy back!
Well, I just sent Dave out for a movie...a drama! Lets see what HE thinks is a drama!! haha! I had to tell him NO guns/NO military and NO blood and guts!
ha ha!
We will see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home