The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, March 28, 2004

So theres this board that I lurk at and SOMETIMES post if I have a question. It is all with women with high FSH levels, so it is pretty informative.
I guess drama happens everywhere, but I didn't think it would here. There are no pictures, you can post anonomously...it isn't very personable...but VERY informative!

Well, there is so much drama going on right now between primary infertile women and secondary infertile women.
The primary women seem to think that the secondary women dont understand the pain of infertility, and one even went on to say that she thinks that some of the secondary infertile women are bad moms for wanting to spend the money and use the donor eggs up. (Most high FSH women have to use donor eggs to get pregnant).
So, as I can totally see both sides, I have to agree that primary infertility MUST be harder than secondary infertility. Because, like one woman said, I have gotten to get a positive HPT, got to watch my belly grow, got to go into labor and now I am getting to see all the things that are so wonderful about parenting!
So, yes, when dealing with women with high FSH levels that really only have a 5%ish chance of conceiving on thier own....my whole heart goes out to them.
The problem with this is that they aren't seeing that even though I might have a child, the fact that the choice is being taken away from me wether I can have another or not is very heartbreaking. Not the SAME kind of heartbreak, but heartbreaking none the less.
There is no right or wrong here, but for those of you facing primary infertility, God bless you! I have NO words that will make what you are going through any easier, but know that I say a prayer EVERY night to bless us who can't have babies easily to get pregnant!
Those of you facing secondary infertility....I get it! I do, and here is a huge HUGE hug to you also!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home