The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

So, I know this is about my infertility struggles, but for tonight, I'm just going to write about something that is making me sad...

When I went to college, I lived in a co-ed dorm 1 mile off of campus. We kindof had to fend for ourselves, and really were different from the rest of the campus.
I met some of the best friends I've EVER had, and I also know that I will never meet friends as good as the ones I made my freshman year.
Oddly enough, except for one girl, they were all guys! I big group of them! They were totally my protectors, and always watched my back. You know the rare kind that would hold my hair back on the long party nights when I had too much to drink...the kind that after a long night, we could fall asleep in the same bed, and no one would think anything sexual was going on. The kind that was use me as a decoy when someone was hitting on them and they didn't want them to come around. So, I was kindof looked at as quite the bitch from many women in my dorm. You see, my friends...they are rather good looking, and LOTS of girls thought I was going from one to another to another! Little did they know, they listened to me cry, they took me to the doctors, they came home with me and visited with my parents.
Later in life, one of them were even in my wedding, and all the rest were in the pews watching!
I haven't seen ANY of them in over 2 yrs.
So sad to admit that! But, having a child really pulls you from the world they live in. Partys, Bars, hangovers...I'd rather change a dirty diaper these days!!!
So, one of my friends, just recently got married. It was an arranged marraige in India. He always referred to me as his 'bebe' (I think it was the wiskey that made him think of that name! and...it stuck!)
Anyway, he is having a big grand reception. ALL of my old friends will be there!!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!
It will be a night I will probably NEVER forget.
You may be wondering why on earth this would make me sad...
well, the thing is, it is on mothers day weekend......
MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND!
The holiday that is most sacred to me! I'd rather celebrate it than my birthday, new years and 4th of july put together!
I have plans!
Get woken up by my sweet Logan...make breakfast...sit together in our jammies...maybe go to church...soak up all the hugs and kisses and snuggles I can get!
Now, if I go to this wedding, I won't get home until noon, and that is if we get up bright and early to leave.
THEN, Logan naps at 12:30ish...sometimes for 2 hrs.
I guess that leaves a mothers day lupper? linner? Freaking SNACK!
I'm really going to try to plan something (yes...I have a husband who, while he THINKS he is trying, will think of something last minute JUST to think of something! OR...he'll ask me..'did you have something planned?' GRRRRRR!)
Anyway, I'll plan something like a mothers day picnic DINNER? Does that sound fun?
I just am sad that Logan will be waking up at his grandma's house that morning, instead of at home, with his mommy! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home