The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, April 12, 2004

So, my friend calls me today and almost immediatly into the conversation she starts on about how she's not sure she is done having kids etc...and how she thinks she wants one more, but that she'll have to try talking her husband into it. Or, she said, she'd just 'get pregnant' and he'd have to deal with it.
So, she was going on and on about it, and then she said, well, if I do get pregnant, I will get pregnant in August.
I kindof chuckled at the thought of someone getting pregnant the month they decided on it, although that did happen with our angel baby. And when I asked why August, she said in a rather heated tone, 'that way all my maternity clothes will still be in the right season, and the kids clothes will all be in season no matter if it is a girl or a boy. (April and June babies)
She said she'd like to give birth May 18th to be exact.
Wow! Thats a lot of power to have, don't ya think?
At this point, I was a little perturbed by my friend to think that she thought that I'd like to sit and listen about how she knows that she can con her husband into getting pregnant by accident, know the exact month she'll get pregnant (and...she probably will) and then go on to tell me what day she even wants her baby born (which, with her luck, she'd probably get that wish too) all while I am getting inturrupted on my IVF clinic search.
But, I went on to listen to all her thoughts, because I'd love to be able to ramble those thoughts to someone myself (although she has many 'fertile' friends that would love to join in the conversation, while I can only grunt, groan, and make other noises at her thoughts)
She then goes on to say that if she doesn't have another, she is going to put her youngest in daycare when he is 4yrs old (he is just 3). Not for the reasons you might think, not because she wants him to learn how to interact...not because she thinks he'll learn more for kindergarden...not because they can't financially afford for her to continue working part time at home.
The reason she would put her youngest in daycare is because, and I quote 'I could NEVER stay home with only one child! It'd drive me crazy! now, they both entertain each other(3 and almost 5)! I'd be so bored! NO WAY!' all while I am sitting watching MY ONLY child play happily with his new scooter the Easter bunny brought him. So, then, I started thinking about how she must think my day is just SOOOO boring!
And you know what? I chuckled to myself, and thought, if she only knew how wonderful it is staying with 'only one child' if she didn't look at it as staying home with 'only one child'. Every day Logan and I spend together...all day...just builds that bond closer and closer, and tighter and tighter.
I'd NEVER give up our days together just because I thought I'd be bored.
But...to each their own.
Now, as I'm starting in my venture of IVF, I hate to say it, but it is going to KILL me if my cycle fails, and she goes on to get pregnant in August with her 3rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home