The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, May 22, 2004

All is well in babyland...

My trip to the doctor this morning consisted of a uninalysis, and blood CBC.
I bargained for the urine sample, but the blood thing wasn't on my list.
It appears that, while we didn't have an u/s, the baby is OK. At least, we are taking for granted that nothing changed since my last ultrasound.
But, I think you all know how hard it is to take something for granted.
The blood is coming from a nasty UTI! I never thought I'd be so happy to hear that!
The blood test came next.
Apparently, UTI's can turn in to Kidney infections much faster when you are pregnant, and it can be serious, especially later in pregnancy when preterm labor often happens.
My back has been killing me right in the kidney area, so we thought it would be better safe than sorry!
My CBC results came back only slightly elevated, thank goodness!
Had they come back more elevated I would have had to go to the hospital for overnight IV antibiotics.
But for now, I am taking oral antibiotics, and if I feel any worse, I'm to go to the ER right away.
I'm thinking that won't happen though. I'm feeling pretty good.
In fact, my sister babysat Logan so Dave and I could go to our first movie in over 3 years! My goodness are prices expensive! haha! It cost us $16 JUST to walk in!
We saw 'Godsend', and I really recommend it!
What I DON"T recommend is sitting in the back. You see, that is where the 13 yr olds love to sit and talk and laugh and PISS you off!
After Dave not so nicely said, "will you SHUT UP!" they thought it would be funny to see if the 'old guy' could yell at them again.
Instead, half way through our ruined movie, we packed up and were the rubbernecks in the front row (the ONLY open row)
While I think I need a neck massage now, we enjoyed the rest of the movie in semi-peace.
That is, except for the few times I had to make sure they weren't chucking popcorn at us! haha!
We decided that next time we go to a movie, granted...it will probably be another 3 years...but if that same thing happens, Dave is going to get up and go sit RIGHT next to the loser 13 yr olds! They'd probably be so scared shitless they would definetly shut up!
now, I'm off to hopefully get some sleep.
I've been suffering SEVERE insomnia lately. So bad that last night, I saw every single hour at least once. That means I never got more than an hour sleep in a row.
My eyes were so puffy this morning.
I hope tonight is better.
Sweet dreams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home