The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Well, I got a call today from my RE.
He's a nice man, and one with a sense of humor, which, in this field is a must.
He proceeded to tell me congrats (he wasn't the one to do my u/s) and told me to tell Dave 'good job'! haha! THANKS!
But, as I was feeling really happy that this man took time out of his day just to call and tell me congratulations, he started the speech.
"well, obviously we are cautiously optimistic. Realize that with your FSH levels, your egg quality is not known. Women with levels as high as yours have a much higher miscarraige rate. And seeing you've already had one, we just don't know what to expect. Do not over do yourself. Rest when needed, and then more! Take it as easy as possible. Oh, and if you EVER have ANY question, please know I'm here for you!"

Yes...wonderfully nice, but what the hell! Why did he have to go get me all worried from something out of my control! HE can think and know that my m/c rate is higher, but why does he tell ME, the pregnant one who is supposed to stay calm? Right?
What happened to the 97% chance of carrying this baby in my arms in 7 1/2 months?
:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home