The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Knock Knock...

Who IS it?
Its MORNING SICKNESS! Can I come in please?

Why oh why did I say yes!
At first I thought it was cute!
YAY! I puked! woohoo! Lets celebrate!
NOW...I puke at least 5 times a day! (which is STILL a celebration!!)
In bed ALL day...
Luckily my sister has been on vacation so she has been a saint with Logan.
I can't keep down a thing!
I've lost a pound a day, the last 4 days.
The nurse warned me that tomorrow I would most likely be getting IV fluids if I was the tinest bit dehydrated.
She said they have meds they can prescribe, but they are expensive, and most insurance won't cover them. THey are the drugs they give to chemo patients.
Lord help me!
BUT....Thank GOD there is a but!
I thought, what the heck! I'll try those 'seabands' to see if they work. Whats $10 if it will save me day after day of throwing up.
If you don't know what they are, they are these elastic bands that have a plastic dome on the inside. You place this inside your wrist, and they cut the nausea.
I think they work!!
Today, I've eaten some pudding and 2 pieces of toast! AND kept them down!!
That is the most I've eaten in days!
My nausea has cut down by 50% I would say!
I'm amazed...and happy!!
So, my guess is that IF I have to get IV fluids tomorrow, it will be a one time thing, and HOPEUFLLY these accupressure bands will do their trick!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

First of all, yay for morning sickness! I know, it sucks but studies show that you are more likely to carry for the full 9 months is you are sick, so yay!

Second, yay for sea sickness bands!

Jennifer, you are my inspiration. (ps--this is Christine from TTCAL) I am praying for you and this little miracle!

(((((((hugs)))))))

6:17 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Christine! I just think so highly of you!
I am keeping my eye on you at TTCAL, and just love your positive attitude!
Thank you for reading and responding to my blog.
It means a lot to me!!
I will be heading over to your blog VERY soon, I promise!!
I can't wait to catch up!

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Thats what I was thinking Erica! And you having the same with your two girls makes me think it even more!!
How fun would that be!!
Thanks for the tips!!

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home