The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Well, I've been gone a couple days. No where exciting...just my bed.
I went in on Thursday for my first appt, and was told that I would be getting an IV due to dehydration. I couldn't even conjour up a urine sample. I had lost 6 lbs by their scale in 4 days.
It took 6 attempts to get a needle in my vein because they were so tiny...even after a hot rag was placed on them.
I was there all day and got 2 bags of fluids. I was also given a perscript for Phenegren to help with the vomiting.
While it has helped with the vomiting, it has not helped with the constant sick feeling. The good news is, I can force myself to eat now, and keep it down.
and that is exactly what it is too...forcing.
The drug I am on is a sedative, therefor, it is almost impossible to stay awake during the day. Its been fine because Dave has been home since Friday and will be home on Monday also, but I have to call and see if there is a different one that won't make me so groggy.
Its...take the drugs and be put to sleep...literally!
or, don't take the drugs and spend the day on the toliet.
Hard decision when there is a 2 1/2 yr old depending on your every move.
Through all of this, I am still praising the Lord for this blessing!
The blessing I have been praying for everyday for a long time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. I am so excited for you! I pray that the nausea decreases soon. Have you tried ginger? It settles the stomach. You can find candied ginger or ginger tea at a health food store. Just a thought.

Anyway, keep those fluids down! I hope that you feel better soon, and grow little bean!!!

Christine (from TTCAL)

5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home