The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

And this one goes out to the loser on For Love or Money...

I have to say, I watched this show on and off last season, but didn't really think it was worth my time to watch it this season. Well, it wasn't worth my time last season either! Come on, fess up...who watched it?
But, last night, at 9:30 after I kicked Dave's butt in double solitaire 2 out of 3 times, we turned on the TV.
I proceeded to watch the end of the show. I don't' know how many shows have been on so far, but there were plenty of girls left, so it must be one of the first couple shows. The thing that made me write about the horrible show was this...
The last girl to get kicked off went on and on about how she knew he'd regret this decision, and that she was the one for him. How these girls become so desperate is beyond me! She was basically BEGGING him to change his mind, and he just took the ring off her finger.
Then she went on and on about how desirable she is and that ANY man would desire her and she knows she's sweet and a great catch...blah blah blah....Desperate, yet full of yourself. Didn't know that combo existed very often.
THEN...*sniff sniff* she proceeded to cry her eyes out, dabbing ever so gently at the corner of her eyes with her tissue and told America..."This probably has to be the hardest thing I have ever had to go through" *sniff sniff*
I instantly started laughing!
THAT is the hardest thing you have every had to go through?
Meeting a stranger, having a couple 'dates' with him, nevermind the other girls around you dating him also! And then him telling you it isn't going to work is THEE hardest thing you have EVER had to go through? EVER?? I'm still in shock over this!
I mean, if that is THEE HARDEST THING she has ever gone through, she must have a pretty damn good life!
Never had a best friend move away...never had a pet die...never lost a family member...never had any sickness that was severe...Surgery?...never saw a loved one suffer, for ANY reason...never lost a job...
Then I think about all the strong women I know, and all the trials and tribulations they have gone though and I think to myself, if this is thee hardest thing she has ever gone though, she must have NO sense of reality when it comes to life.
And as great as her perfect life must seem to her, I'm glad I've had my fair share of trials to overcome, because it has made me become who I am today! A strong person, who can sit back and laugh at some woman who has no idea what life probably will throw to her once she starts out on her own. I can say I've taken my trials, and kicked their ass! (MOST of the time!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Beautifully put!! I feel the same way whenever I watch those shows. Reality TV just doesn't do it for me anymore. Although, I AM looking forward to the new Big Brother. I know. I'm pitiful...

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home