The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Self portrait Friday!

I'm joining the ranks of the cool folks! ;)
Katy from The Grass Isn't Greener picks the topics every week!
I always try to remember, always forget!
Today, I REMEMBERED!

Tatoos...

funny story about this little guy!
My parents gave me $50 for my 18th birthday to buy whatever I wanted.
THIS was it!
No rhyme or reason, just the fact that I thought I'd be COOL with a Tatoo. (um..didn't work!)
So, I go in there thinking I wanted something cute and whimsical. Then I realized that is exactly what i didn't want, but I didn't know WHAT I wanted.
The man picked out this and told me he had just drawn it etc...
What the hell, so I picked it.
Half way through he told me that I was really brave to put myself out there like that. He didn't know many people that would let the world see something so intimate just by looking at them on the street.
Of course, I had NO idea what he was talking about and started getting really nervous.
I asked what he meant and he said, "oh didn't you know that this is quickly becoming the universal lesbian symbol?"
WHAT??
hahahahahahahahaha!
I think I turned 5 shades of red!
He of course was kidding, but he SURE got me!
It was really funny because I was so lightheaded that his 4 yr old daughter was feeding me candy!
Fun day!
Wish I would have gotten something else though, but hey, it will always remind me of my youth!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

I laughed out loud with this story.
Does he have a name?

7:43 PM

 
Blogger warcrygirl said...

Awesome tatt! Found you via Katy's SPF list.

8:58 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Yeah Kether, he's usually named hairy...er, I mean HARRY!
haha!

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

AS long as you don't regret it all together. That gives tats a bad name. I got my first tat January 2004, same weekend we put an offer on this house. Great memories there too.

9:36 AM

 
Blogger Kari said...

Great story! :)

1:27 PM

 
Blogger Katy said...

LOL. That is pretty funny. I like the little guy and think Hairy...oops I meant Harry, is a great name.

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

LOL .. Too funny!!!

7:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home