The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Things you may or may not have known

I once a long time ago started the 100 things about me.
I never finished, so I'm going to sit here while the kids are napping and see if I can THINK of 100 things about me!

1. I was 5 weeks premature weighing 7lbs 11oz
2. I had breathing problems as a baby, and always was sick
3. I have red hair, along with my brother and sister. My parents are brunettes.
4. I sang in the choir from 5th grade through 12th grade
5. In 11th grade, our choir was picked to sing in Carnegie Hall. It was one of the most amazing times in my life being on that stage.
6. I was 16 when I had my first kiss
7. It was an amazing kiss, and I'm glad I waited
8. I went to a private Christian school from K-8th grade
9. I went to a public highschool
10. I did all sorts of bad things in highschool
11. I got drunk my first time when I was 16..and just about every weekend all through school
12. I had the biggest crush on a friend everyone called 'chico'
13. I picked my college and signed up without ever visiting the campus just because it was over 2 hrs away from home. Only one other student from my highschool went there. She quit after 1 trimester.
14. I went to Winona State University for 1 yr and 1 trimester.
15. My 3rd trimester I dropped out because I had mono and couldn't leave my dorm.
16. A wonderful professor gave me the idea. He said it would be better for me to drop of all my classes then fail them.
17. I met my husband that summer at a house party.
18. I met him when I was drunk drunk drunk.
19. I hugged him in front of all of his friends and later felt like such a dork!
20. I never thought he'd call me.
21. He only called me because his friend wanted to hook up with my friend.
22. They lasted only half a summer, we got married 5 yrs later.
23. I smoked from age 16-23 and actually stole my first pack from the grocery store I worked at.
24. My husband and I quit together.
25. We had our last cigarette right before we got on the plane to come home from our honeymoon and never once cheated ever.
26. We got married Sept 16th, 2000
27. We took a 3 week honeymoon and went to the Czech Republic and Austria with only a backpack for each of us.
28. We got pregnant 5 months after we got married.
29. It was not planned.
30. We went to Spain when I was 10 weeks pregnant with Logan.
31. Our first meal out we had pizza that tasted like feet.
32. No, I've never tasted feet, just trust me on this one(Roquefort cheese)
33. I wanted to be an elementary school teacher
34. I became a cosmetologist instead
35. While I enjoy hair, I don't enjoy the hours
36. I secretly dropped out of college for Dave. I didn't know that we could stand a long distance relationship, and i knew he was the one
37. I still wish I would have gotten my teaching degree
38. We go to a different state each year for our anniversary so that some day we will have seen all of the US together.
39. We have decided if one of us dies before the end, if the other person is strong enough to do it, they must continue the tradition.
40. We will celebrate our 50th in Wisconsin, the state we got married in.
41. I had 2 cats, Arlo and Barley
42. We promised them both that we would be their last owners.
43. We gave them away after they wouldn't stop puking and peeing in our new house
44. I still feel so bad about it and hope they are happy.
45. I wouldn't want to ever have a pet again
46. I a 5'3"
47. I wear size 7 shoes
48. I have about 500 stretchmarks from my pregnancies on my belly and boobs
49. I once said I'd never have a boob job. I've changed my mind.
50. I have a ton of freckles on my shoulders, and I actually like them.
51. I've had a breast tumor removed. It was benign, but one that can grow very fast like a tree leaf. It has a high recurrence rate, and I am scared I'll get it back some day.
52. I have a scar on my hand from the IV that gave me the platelet transfusion with Miles. It is a scar that I'm glad I have. I look at it and know it possibly saved my life.
54. I didn't find out Logan's sex before birth
53. I had chorioamnionitis when I was in labor with Logan.
54. With Logan, I labored for 27 1/2 hrs and pushed for 4 1/2 hrs.
55. With Miles, I labored for 7 hrs and pushed 2 times and he fell out on the bed.
56. I had HELLP syndrome with Miles
57. I'll never forget meeting Logan for the first time.
58. I don't remember meeting Miles.
59. I was on Magnesium Sulfate for 2 days and I hated every minute of it.
60. I'm still weirded out that I have somebody else's platelets in my body and I wonder who donated it.
61. My pinky toes are sideways and face my other toes.
62. My favorite body part of mine is my pinky. It's small and petite and perfect
63. My least favorite is my ass. It's not small and petite, but large and jiggly
64. I hate knicknacks.
65. I have an elephant that my Grandma painted in my house. She told me an elephant with it's trunk up is good luck. I'll keep it forever.
66. My dad was in Vietnam, drafted, Marines
67. He was in the second highest concentration of Agent Orange.
68. We believe that some of the health issues my family have are due to that.
69. We'll never know if they are or not.
70. My favorite drink is a coke, fountain if possible.
71. I'm having a hard time turning 28.
72. My two favorite colors are green and purple.
73. I have a hard time putting laundry away. We dig out of baskets on a daily basis.
74. I was a vegetarian for 14 years.
75. I started eating chicken about a month ago
76. I will never eat a hamburger or steak or other red meat ever.
77. My favorite lunch is a big salad with tomatoes, onions, mozzarella cheese and croutons. A must dressing is Red Wine vinaigrette (sp?)
78. I was a very bitter infertile.
79. I'm still jealous of the average woman who has working parts.
80. I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. It sortof means perimenopause.
81. I was 27 when I was diagnosed
82. I had a miscarriage on October 6th, 2002
83. Had I not have lost the baby, he/she would have turned 2 last month.
84. I am starting my own business that I hope will be a smashing success.
85. Sometimes I crave a REAL hotdog. Not the soy dogs I eat, but a real one.
86. I was a cheerleader in highschool
87. Our cheerleaders weren't your stereotypical popular dumb blonds.
88. I was on the track team.
89. I didn't go to my junior prom
90. I have an obsession about painting rooms, and would paint them a different color over and over if it wasn't too expensive and such hard work.
91. I miss my Grandma who died 3 1/2 yrs ago. I still sometimes cry about her.
92. I don't have any fun dress up clothes to go out in.
93. I haven't had the need for cool dress up clothes in over 4 years.
94. I wish I had the need. I wish I had the clothes.
95. I feel so blessed to have the husband and children that I have.
96. I'd love to move across country and start over.
97. I love hosting parties at my house.
98. I'd love for you to come to one of my parties!
99. I'd love to start running, but I don't have a stroller that would allow it.
100. It took me 37 minute to complete this and honestly I could keep going! Did I bore you?

11 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

I loved your list. Yeesh I wish I could remember all the things I wanted to comment on. I laughed about the digging out of laundry baskets one because OMG that is my WORST habit. Dave doesn't even fold my clothes anymore when he does laundry. I start with them folded but by the end of the week digging they're a mess.
I almost cried reading the stuff about Miles' birth. Those posts from that time are so vivid in my mind. In fact, When I was in the hospital after my C-section, I thought of you and how scared you must have been.
There was a lot of other stuff Iwanted to comment on, but I can't remember. Oh! but we're EXACT opposites with the knicknacks thing. I have so much damn stuff! =)

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Thanks for sharing! I love reading these lists, I always feel like everybody else is so much more interesting than me LOL I also thought your tattoo story was hilarious!

4:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope! That was fun.
What's so bad about 28? I turned 28 in Feb. Some days I'm exhausted enough for an 80 year old, but most of the time I feel like I'm barely out of college.
I was on Mag for 2 days too, ugh. But in my case it was to try to slow labor (which started at 32w1d). I gave birth about 12 hours after they turned it off.

5:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am resolved to never fold clothes again. One of the guest rooms is reserved for laundry. I take them out of the dryer and pile them on the bed. It's a free for all.

11:59 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

I loved it. What kind of parties and what kind of business?
I hope its a smashing success.
I think i will work on my 100 list. Not sure i have 100 things about me tho.

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Girl...give in to the crave for the hot dog! Besides, it's not real meat anyway!!!

I say that and you KNOW I love hot dogs (and bologna).

MMMMMMMMmmm, now I'm hungry.

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

I'm hungry too!! LOL

I'll be 35 in Jan. I'm having a hard tine w/that one!! LOL

Loved reading them all. That was fun.

9:03 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow I learned so much about you. Very kewl. I think it would take me three days to come up with 100 things about me. Oh and I am turning 28 on the 20th and for some reason I am having a hard time with it too. I'm not sure why.

7:10 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Cool list! I noticed we have several things in common. I've been a veggie for a long time and just in the last few year started eating chicken and fish, but will never eat a hamburger or other red meat-YUCK!
I want to do a list too, but have too many things on there that I don't want my family to know about.

3:34 PM

 
Blogger hillary said...

i think now, since your's is so good, everybody's going to be writing up 100 things about themselves.

and cool! you were married three days before my birthday.

7:40 AM

 
Blogger Kari said...

great list!

not boring at all :)

10:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home