The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Am I the only one who ever feels this way

Lately I've had the itch to pack up and get out of here. (When I say 'I', I mean my entire family-not just me)
Every so often, I get to the point where I'm sick of 'here'.
I'm sick of the same people I see every day. I'm sick of the same stores, the same restaurants, the same everything.
I'm sick of my house, I'm sick of my yard, I'm sick of the wind that I feel EVERY SINGLE DAY. (It's ALWAYS windy here. I hate it)
I'm sick of the same boring chit-chat I feel obligated to say to some of my neighbors.
I am sick of having neighbors SO close.
I'm sick of the fact that I can't do anything in my yard without having a conversation about it later in the day with a neighbor.

I know that if I move anywhere, all these feelings will eventually come and get me again.
I think I'm meant to be a mover.
I've been in this state all but one year of my life. And when I say state I should say a 20 minute circle.
I grew up 20 minutes (actually probably LESS) from my current house.
But being a mover isn't so good for the kids, huh?

I think I'm getting that 'life is SO short' feeling and wonder sometimes if I'll regret staying here forever.
But what will I regret more, staying here forever or taking the kids away from their grandparents.

And that is the end of my babble. Contine on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Simone said...

Well, if you did decide to move, the earlier the better, since they are not in school yet. And if you decide to move later, they will deal. Happened to me, and it wasn't that traumatic at all.

Happy Tuesday :)

12:08 PM

 
Blogger Odd Mix said...

I was a military kid. I moved every couple of years until I was in my teens. It was always easier for me to move than have my friends move away. Moving was exciting and there were always new people at the new places.

Anyhow, as far as leaving the grandparents goes, I would say that depended on how attached the kids are to said grandparents, how far away you are thinking about moving, and how often visits could take place.

Moving can be a good thing. We now live "in the country" and I have a long comute, but it is worth it to live where my daily life is not under constant scrutiny. How badly do you hate having close neighbors? And how much do you like the urban/suburban conveniences?

Long and the short - no answers from me. Just some questions that, if you can answer them, might lead you to the answer to your questions.

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Tonya said...

Oh Jennifer you are not the only one that feels that way. I feel like that EVERYDAY! I just want to run away sometimes.. I think it is a natural feeling :) ((Hugs))

2:50 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Once again...I forbid you to move until I can leave too.

That is all.

8:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you jennifer (for your comment).

i do plan to continue blogging...as often as we come across a place where i can get on a computer.

i imagine it won't be as often as I'd like, but hopefully people will continue to check in.

8:58 AM

 
Blogger Me said...

I feel like that ALL the time. :)

But then again, maybe that's why we've moved about 13 or 14 times since we've been married. LOL.

It's not traumatic on kids... if you don't make it. Kids take the move pretty much how the parents do, and how the parents 'expect' them to. Don't make a big sad hoo-ha issue out of it and they won't either.

Moving is exciting and fun and full of brand new opportunities.

2:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home