The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

17 months

Here we are, 2 days shy of 17 months.
Can you believe it?
It seems like it was just yesterday that I was bouncing away on the ball holding sleep deprived baby, while being sleep deprived myself!
The good news is that I can announce to the WORLD that we are 100% sleeping through the night. Every night. Yes, I know because I wrote this we will be woken up tonight.
But even so, given the fact that no more babies are going to be added to this family, I truly believe we are completely past the sleepless nights.
Sure, some of you may be thinking, 17 months! I'd HOPE so.
Well, so did we my friends.

We are down to one 2-3 hr nap, and a good 11-12hr stretch of sleep.
Insert a big, 'PRAISE the Lord' in on that one!

Some other little quirks and fun stuff.
Miles will not eat a vegetable. None. You can squish them, stick them in a bite of mac n cheese and he will find that pea with his tongue and pop it out of his mouth all while chewing his noodles.
It doesn't matter what vegetable it is, what dipping sauce I give him to dip it in, he will not eat a vegetable.

Miles loves the wiggles. He can be in the middle of the biggest temper tantrum and all I have to do is pop that wiggles tape in (or CD in) and I can happily continue cooking dinner. I don't care what anyone says, the wiggles are my friends. And there's nothing like a little exercise while I 'shake my hips with Wags the dog' while I'm chopping vegetables.
I'd be my house on being able to sing each and every Wiggle song without missing a word.

Miles just popped his 5th tooth. Five people. He's been teething for..um...EVER. His first tooth popped in 9 1/2 months ago. For the LOVE of GOD we need some more teeth here.

Miles can sign the following words:
~more
~eat
~all done
~milk
~please
~thank you

Miles can say the following words:
~

Right. OK, so I guess I sortof lied. 50% of the time I think he really calls Daddy dada. And then 50% of the time he calls his grandpa bapa. The other 50% dada and bapa is just whatever he is holding.
Miles isn't talking yet. He does a lot of noises with this mouth closed and a lot of Ah's and whines and crying to get what he wants.
At his 15mo appt we had the option of getting referred to a Speech/Language Pathologist or we could give him 2 months and see what happened.
NOTHING has happened. NO improvement what so ever.
We made the call and will have someone come out and do an eval. I'm actually looking forward to it. I want to see where he falls in the whole scheme of things. I'm just really not looking forward to being asked about his birth story and then thinking, 'hmm..with all his decelerations in his heartrate during labor, did something happen. But I won't think that, OK?

I'm Miles favorite toy. Who wouldn't think I was a great toy? I bounce, I sing, I have a great nose to push and ears to stick fingers in. If I'm on the floor, Miles is in my lap. If I'm in the chair, Miles is sitting next to me. Me=Miles Oxygen.
Honestly, SOMETIMES it bothers me, but the last few days, I've just been taking the time to do NOTHING but sit and have my nose poked and my eyes examined and my tattoo played with and my teeth counted. Fun times, my friends.

So strange it is seeing blogosphere trying to get pregnant again. (At least a lot of blogosphere)
I was right in the midst of all the pregnancies with Miles. It's odd because I have that natural desire to again start trying for another baby. Obviously it's not possible given the ablation and little snip snip, but it's funny how it naturally happens right about now.

Happy JUNE everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

what a great post Jennifer :) Glad to know the sleepless nights are over!! I think I am one of Randie's favourite toys as well..lol

4:31 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

So glad you are able to sleep again! I understand that 'natural desire to get pregnant again' feeling. It's weird to be done, truly done, with that part of our lives, isn't it? Especially since it took so long to finally have those second, and final, babies!

8:48 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

very interesting story about Miles. It tells a lot about your beautiful boy. Happy almost-17 months!

4:46 AM

 
Blogger Amie said...

LOL Miles oxygen...I can so relate to that.

12:27 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Oh Miles is just like Sophie- can find a vegetable no matter how you try to disguise them!
What a sweetie! now where's his picture?

6:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home