The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another bad shoe day

I don't know if you remember when I blogged about caving and buying Logan velcro shoes.
I hate those shoes.
I can't wait until they are outgrown.
Logan on the other hand thinks they are thee best shoes ever!

The thing is, he just doesn't have the coordination yet to learn to tie, and I must admit it is nice that he can put them on alone.
Summer is coming, and it's the time for new summer shoes for both boys.
My boys have such issues with sandals.
They hurt their feet and give them blisters. Logan tried flip-flops last year...for one day...or maybe 1 hour. They were not for him. I completely understand this as last year was my first year that I actually made myself deal with flip-flops.

Now that the sun is shining more, the neighbors have been outside ready to play.
We have one neighbors that have a 7 1/2 yr old boy and 5 1/2 yr old girl. The 3 of them are best friends all summer long.
They both were sporting new shoes.
Crocs.
I.hate.crocs.

OK, let me rephrase that. I don't HATE crocs, but I don't care for crocs on adults. Unless you're a nurse or vet. Then it's OK.
Logan LOVED them.
And I love the fact that they are waterproof and can go from the sprinkler to the swimming pool to the grass and in the house with no problems.

Yesterday we went 'croc' shopping.
Logan is now sporting a pair of navy blue (ugly ass) crocs and Miles is sporting a new pair of army green camo crocs.
At least it's better than the neon red and highlighter yellow ones they wanted to begin with.
And of course both kids wanted to wear them to bed because "they are COOL mom!"
Fortunately they were OK with the fact that the new crocs slept at the foot of the bed so that when morning came they could just pop their little feet inside.


Did you know crocs made you run faster and jump higher. Apparently they do, or so says Logan!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG...the crocs had to sleep in thei rooms?!?!

And yeah, I'm with you on those but the kids seem to love them (my HUSBAND thought about getting a pair...what in THE hell? I nixed that)

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

My DH HATES those shoes. I have some fake payless ones that do the trick when I need to run the trash out. Reagan seems to want a pair but I'm told I am NOT to buy them for my DS. LOL

Maybe R needs a sporty pair for the summer!! :)

You'll have to take a pic and post it for us to see :)

9:42 AM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I am with you on the cros! I do see myself caving and buying them for my boys if they ask, though. They really are versatile. However, I myself will NOT be sporting those ugly ass shoes.

11:11 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

I HATE Crocs. I simply cannot understand why anyone likes them?
Kids, sure. Adults, huh?

2:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home