The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

one of my real life friends has been TTC for 7 months, and has 35ish day cycles...she took her first round of clomid this cycle. I guess I kindof feel like a pro when it comes to the clomid and charting, so I offered myself to her if she had any questions. we have been emailing dailiy, and it looks like she OVULATED! I'm so happy for her!!
She is 2 dpo today, i am 7 dpo.
You see, Clomid really is a miracle drug! I could be wrong on the statistics, but I belive it goes a little something like this...
80% of those taking clomid will get pregnant in the first ovulating cycle.
out of the 20% leftover, 50% of those will get pregnant by round 3.
So, that means about 90% of people respond well and conceive by round 3 of clomid!
I'm praying that my friend is one of them!!
Then, with all my excitement, I think....well, IM not in the 90%!! You see, my health has always been a bit odd! I get the odd sicknesses, the odd problems, the kind no one wants to talk about or have happen to them...
I could get down about this, but you know what? I'm WAY too happy for my friends ovulation right now to think twice about my fertility problems!
I am 7dpo, and my appt with the RE is on Wednesday. I will be 13 dpo's. I'm hoping that I go, they do a beta test, it is positive and then I'll just have to laugh at the irony. Finding out you are pregnant at the infertility clinic. One can only dream, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home