The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, June 18, 2004

Haircuts galore

Did you know I have my cosmetology degree? Yep! I cut hair for about 3 yrs after cosmetology school before my dream job came along (Kindergarden asst teacher) and then laid me off 8 months later. Sure, my dream job was not to be the assistant, but the thing was, my lead teacher was retiring at the end of the year, and rather didn't give a damn about school anymore. So, she made ME the lead teacher for the most part. It was seriously the best job of my life. Problem was, the school districts budget got cut, when doesn't it? And myself and 4 other assistant teachers were laid off.
It was cool though, because I was planning on staying home with Logan, and I was about 30 weeks pregnant, and having complications, so it was really for the best.
Since I got my cosmetology license though, I've been a revolving chair for family and friends and children of friends.
Its nice, keeps me in 'good cutting shape' but the bummer is...I NEVER get paid a dime! Its totally ok though, but $5 or $10 dollar bill that I earned for myself would be nice sometime to take logan to get some icecream, or me to get a decaf coffee and read a good magazine.
Anyway, Daves sister is in town today, and my afternoon consists of cutting Logans hair, SIL's hair, MIL's hair, and when Dave gets home, HIS hair too!
Oh, and don't for a second think that they pay for me to get MY hair cut! I still have to pay someone because I certainly can't cut my own hair.
I sometimes wonder how it would be for me to know someone and call them and get a free haircut!
So anyway, totally not pregnancy related....but this is my afternoon!
Happy Weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't have a usernae ehre but this is Abha!
and just so you know- I would pay you anyday for cutting my hair!!How come others don't pay.I mean Dave and Logan have the right to but not your SIL or MIL etc.

8:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the above poster. Since you are family, I would think you could simply request to start getting even $3 a haircut to "keep up with supplies" and to make a little extra $ to do some special stuff with Logan. Im sure they would even give a little more. :)

6:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home