The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Raise your hand...

I'm taking this idea from Christine...
http://xtinel2.blogspot.com/2004/06/blog-business.html

I know a few people who read my blog on a regular basis, but I'm wondering if there is anyone reading that I don't know.
If you are reading this right now, would you mind just jotting down a big hello!
if you don't want to share your name, just do it anonomously!
The more we get, the bigger the prize....hee hee!
And by me asking this, I'm probably going to get a big fat NO reply!
But hey! Thats cool too!!

On the home front today, I switched OB's. After not even meeting my first OB.
You see, I had a sour taste in my mouth after my first appt with the nurse, which entailed me getting an IV from hydration. All this time I was there, not once did a doctor come check on me. Not even pop his or her head in the room.
My first REAL appt is next week...NOT with a real doctor, a NP. That will make me almost 16 weeks pregnant before I see a REAL doctor.
With my history of chorioamnionitis and Logan's brain cyst...screw that! Right?
I had an appt for Logan this morning with this WONDERFUL doctor who USED to do OB, but doesn't anymore. I love her. I asked her opinion, and she recommened a doctor in her practice that is apparently wonderful.
Dr. Edwards.
So, I went to make the appt. Its Monday. I had to wait 4 weeks for this appt at the other clinic, and I have an appt on Monday. I called to get everything faxed over, and I'm just going to run with it. Hopefully I like Dr. Edwards, and he is as compassionate as I was told. I want the kind of care I feel I deserve after all the crap I've gone through to get here, and with Logan also.
I know if this baby has a brain cyst, there is nothing we can do to STOP it, but at least I feel now like I made the right choice to get the best care that I can.
I'm releived, to say the least!
On another note, if there are any other blogger.com users, could someone tell me how to post links to other blogs here? I'm so computer illerate!
OK...don't forget...raise that hand and wave hello!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:::waving:::

Good for you for switching docs! You deserve the best and shame on your old doc for not giving that to you! I hope your appointment on Monday goes well.

-Arwa

2:50 PM

 
Blogger Kitten said...

Hi! I have several best friends trying to get pregnant or who are pregnant and I've found your site along the way. Now I'm hooked and check it daily. Come visit mine and leave me a note if you'd like.

http://mistressfoy.blogspot.com

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

~~Jumping up from the back and waving~~

I'm so glad that you are doing well, and I'm glad that you've switched doctors. It's SOOO important to be comfortable with your OB! I'm always thinking of and praying for you and your little miracle growing inside you.

(((((Hugs)))))

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!Don't you hate not having a good DR.I think if I ever had anymore babies it will be with a midwife.Good luck with everything! Mandy

10:22 PM

 
Blogger JenP said...

Hi There! I'm a Jen too and I stop by every now and again and thought I'd say my hello. I've been ttc #1 now for more than a year, as we've been off bcp since 2001 with no luck. I have a fabulous RE who I don't think I'd trade anything for and I wish you luck with this new OB. My RE makes me realise there *are* good doctors out there, and once you've found one, you've got to stick to them like glue!! Wishing you lots of luck that new OB is just wonderful!

5:43 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Kitten, Mandy, and Jen...so very nice to see you here!
Feel free to post away, and Jen and Mandy, if you have blogs, jot down the link so I can check them out!
Kitten, I'll check yours out for sure!

Christine and Arwa! Glad to have you here as always! :)

7:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know I'm reading (michelle). xoxox

8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home