The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, June 11, 2004

My dream...

is to some day write a book, and get the gull to send it to a publisher.
This is something I think about on a daily basis. I love books. I love words. I love emotions. I love it when a book...when WORDS on a page...can make me laugh or cry or read so fast I can hardly flip the pages fast enough.
I love it when I tell myself, 'I'll go to bed after this chapter' and then decide, no...one more chapter, over and over until I can hardly keep my eyes open.
I love all kinds of books. Mainly, I love fiction.
I read, "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" in one lazy afternoon/evening. It is a great book! And that is how I read my books. So hard and so fast that I won't forget a single thing.
The problem with me and reading is, I read too fast, and then I'm left with nothing else to read. My library is too small, and the only copies they have of the new releases are booked out for months. I certainly couldn't afford my reading habit if I bought new books every week. So, I'm left to gobble up any book I come across.
I have so many ideas going through my head when it comes to writing.
I've written a few childrens stories. And I think they are pretty good! I've written a very short fiction story that is dear to me also.
I am going to start working on a novel idea that I just came up with.
The problem is, even after I start writing...even after I'm proud of my work. I STILL don't send it in to publishers! Why? GOOD question! Its not that I'm afraid of rejection, because I tell you right now, I will frame my first rejection letter. I will be so proud that someone IN the industry took the time to read my work. Even if they hated it! They still took the time to send the letter out to me.
I will be proud of that letter.
Maybe I'm afraid of what would happen if it DID work out.
Or maybe I'm just afraid to even imagine it working out.
The thing is, why pursue something with your whole heart if you think its not going to work out? That is why I want to give it my all and pray for the best!!
If someone decided it was their dream to become a nurse or a musician, or a teacher...you'd tell them, 'go to school and learn all you can and then BECOME you're dream!'
What do you tell someone who wants to write?
How about WRITE! Write all you can and then write some more!
My goal, start writing...today!
And EVERY day!
Find the niche I'm comfortable writing in, and go for it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Ok, so you must read minds! I just finished a book, and I have nothing else to read! I'm desperate! I need a hit!! I'm addicted to books! And I can't think of anymore to buy (and my dh will have a fit if he sees another "Borders" bag in the garbage can!) I've been wanting to read "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" but I was afraid that it might be too sad. Is it? Any suggestions???

And you should absolutey send your stuff in!!

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

No Christine, it really isn't that sad of a book! Its actually a very neat way to look at what happens after you die.
Its not morbid by any stretch of the imagination!
It gives me hope actually!
I TOTALLY recommend it!!
Hmmm...we should do a book swap!

2:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer love your blog. I came across it while looking for innocent dream. I know My dream... is not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for innocent dream stuff and will visit again sometime. Take Care

12:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer greetings from down under. I was searching for the latest information on dream book , I can see how I landed on your page. While My dream... wasn't exactly what I was looking for. (I was after dream book related stuff) I ejoyed reading your blog, I'll come back agin to read future posts. Take Care.

12:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How ya doing Jennifer, Hope you are having a good day. Your My dream... site is most interesting. I was looking for dream dictionary related information when I came across it. Thanks for the read. I have a site that may interest you come and visit sometime, dream dictionary thanks again, take care.

11:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How ya doing Jennifer, Hope you are having a good day. Your My dream... site is most interesting. I was looking for dream guide related information when I came across it. Thanks for the read. I have a site that may interest you come and visit sometime, dream guide thanks again, take care.

2:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out searching for dream dictionary related information, when I landed on your page. Jennifer you have some good stuff there. While My dream... wasn't exactly what I was looking for I enjoyed the read Thanks. So I'll continue on looking for dream dictionary, see you again some time.

12:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There Jennifer how you going? I was sufing blogs for information on dream dictionary and I came across yours. while My dream... wasn't exactly what I was looking for, It was most interesting. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for dream dictionary stuff. Thanks for the read!

7:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home