The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, December 19, 2005

One week and counting

It's hard for a 4 yr old to really realize how many days are left until Christmas.
He asked and asked every day if it was Christmas yet and would get so disappointed when I would tell him there were 20..12..10 days left.
"That will take FORever mom!"

So, we made a chain with one day equaling one link. Each night he gets to cut off a link and count how many days there are left. The chain is getting REALLY short!

We visited Santa Claus in the mall this weekend. The way there I don't think Logan stopped talking for a second going ON and ON about all of the things he wanted to tell Santa.
"I'm going ask if Santa knows where I live! I'm going to ask if he had to bring his reindeer to the mall. I'm going to ask him if he knows his ABC's. I'm going to tell him that I want a pirate ship that is big enough for me to stand in. I wonder if Santa likes pizza............."on and on for a 20 minute drive.

As we begged and pleaded the little elf to let us sneak in the end of the line regardless of the fact that it was Santa's dinner time, Logan was SOOOO excited!
We got in (thanks to the kind elf) and we waited a short while for Logan's turn.
As we got close, Logan grabbed my hand.
I said a big cheery HELLO to Santa, and guided Logan up to him. I knew this would take awhile with all of the questions he had to ask.

I asked Logan if he could tell Santa his name. Logan looked at Santa, then looked at me and quietly said, "my name is Logan." And then I asked if he wanted to ask Santa some questions. Then it sunk in. My sweet boy was completely star struck.
Santa asked Logan what he wanted for Christmas. Logan looked at me and didn't say a word.
Santa asked what he thought his baby brother would want for Christmas. Logan looked at me and shrugged without saying a word.
I asked if Logan wanted to ask Santa anything about his reindeer or the North Pole. Not a word passed Logan's lips.
Santa then asked if Logan was a good boy this year, and to my surprise he said, "I've been good MOST of the time." and Santa gave him a big hug and told him that that was good, and he was proud of him. (GGGGREAT Santa btw!)
We plopped Miles on Santa's lap next to Logan and Miles looked up at Santa like, 'who the HECK are you?' but didn't cry. Logan forced out a fake (hilarious) smile and that was that!

The ride home was very quiet. I could see the wheels turning in Logan's little brain.
As we pulled in the driveway, Logan said, "Mom, Santa SURE is nice!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Awwwwwwww! That is the cutest Santa Story.

Did you check out Liam's face in his Santa picture? He would look at us and cry and look at Santa and stop and look at us and cry...on and on

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Hehe, how cute! :D My kids won't get near Santa. We got a picture of Samuel with him when he was just a few months old, but thats the only time.

1:58 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Love this story! So good to see you back, too!

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

aww, what a sweet story. warms my heart :)

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home