The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

As I sit on the floor pretending...

Logan has quite the imagination.
He could play with a stick or a piece of string for the entire day, as long as he had someone to imagine with.
If you were a fly on the wall in my house, this is what you would hear countless times a day. countless...

"Let's pretend I'm a .....and you're a .... and we're going to ....."

Today I was sitting on the floor building blocks with Miles.
Wait, let me rephrase.
Today I was sitting on the floor building blocks while Miles knocked down every last block I put up. Logan had this great idea of pretending that he was a balloon man selling balloons.
Oh, but when you have so many balloons, you float up in the air.
But you see, that's no problem for Logan because he has heavy suction cups on the bottom of his feet.
You hear, 'whoooop' (you know, the sound effects he makes as he's landing back on safe ground)
So, seeing HE had so much fun, I had to become the 'balloon mom' and he would take care of putting on my suction cups as I got too high.
Over.
and.
over.
and.
over.
When that got boring, we got to pretend that our house had a Dairy Queen inside. We could only get vanilla ice cream cones though.
And I didn't have to hold it, because it was a magical cone that would float to my mouth whenever I needed a lick.
But I seriously had to lick, because the freaking cone was dripping and that is not good.

I sat there, after about 45 minutes of pretend play that included not a single toy.
He was still ready to go, as I sat and licked my magical cone.
I pictured myself on camera and everyone laughing at this poor woman who got to 'whoop' herself up and down from big balloons while wearing suction cups on her feet. The woman who got to eat a magical ice cream cone.

What happened to kids who built cool things with lego's? What about painting or playdoh?
Not my kid, he needs only his mind....well, his mind and me.

Luckily tonight is a ladies night out. I need some REAL ADULT INTERACTION!

I pass along to you my ice cream cone. You better lick the sucker because it's MELTING!...oh no!

4 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I think that's adorable! I love when kids use their imaginations like that instead of having to be 'entertained'.

You have a great kid, Mom!

4:44 PM

 
Blogger Tonya said...

Ohh that is too cute :) Kids do the sweetest things..

5:46 PM

 
Blogger DDanielle said...

awww....I remember those days. Where I would pretend so much. I had a great friend who lived down the street and she was the only one who wanted to play pretend as much as I do. It was so sad when she moved away. I wasn't ready to stop playing pretend. Now I don't remember how.

6:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once I got to play with my youngest and two imaginary baby rabbits. She knew precisely where in the room each bunny was and what it was doing. She would set one down and ten minutes later decide she wanted it again and go pick it up from exactly where she put it.

The funky thing was after carefully holding an imaginary baby bunny (under close observation, so no slacking for me) I actually felt like I was holding something. Would that be mass halucination?

8:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home