The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Celebration

I lived it up this weekend at a friends wedding. I had 2 whole days sans children to eat, drink and sleep when I chose.
Well, OK, we dropped them off mid morning and headed off to Chicago for the wedding. We hung out with old friends and drank way too much wine.
We danced until they kicked us out and went out for more fun.
Finally, we collapsed in our bed at 2:30am. And, we were the first to come home. Others didn't get to the hotel until 4:30.
I had SO.MUCH.FUN!
I guess a little too much, as Sunday I wound up going to the ER with massive stomach pain in my hernia. Surgery has been scheduled for this Wednesday.(as in 2 days)
It's all just bad timing as Dave is about to leave for 2 weeks, my MIL for 1 week and my sister has a job interview that may want her to start immediately.
What do you do when you're told you can't lift your baby for 2 weeks when no one is here to help.
Yeah, I don't know either.
I'm trying really hard not to freak, but freaking is about to happen I believe.

But oh, I had so much fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

I'm glad you had a good time!

Good luck with your surgery. I don't know what your supposed to do about not picking up the baby!

2:44 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes...call if you need anything.

My bb hernia first showed up after a wild night of partying too, wonder if there's some medical correlation? Glad you had fun though!

7:06 AM

 
Blogger Kari said...

Glad you had fun!

Sorry about the surgery. I would be freaking.

1:33 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Wow, sounds great.

And, not so great.

Things will go smoothly and you'll be back to picking up Miles in no time!

2:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope things go well today! My wife went through the whole ordeal with being unable to pick up the baby with no help, too. But we made it through somehow. You will too, I am sure.

Take care.

7:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home