The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Never let your child old answer the phone

I was waiting for a call from my dad.
JUST as soon as I put Miles on the changing table the phone rang.
"Logan! Get that, will you please?" I said.

"Hello? Oh, hey Grandpa......Mommy IS here.....yeah....she's changing Miles poopy diaper....ok.....MOOOOM TELEPHONE!!!"

"Tell Grandpa I'll be right there!" as I slowly finish up.

"Hey!" I say as I take the phone from Logan.

"Jen? This is Steve from the Wisconsin State Journal"


...shit...pause....


"I completely apologize about that" and I thought to add more, but heck, he knew I was changing a poopy diaper and nothing else needed to be said.

In a totally unamused voice he said, "I guess someone has to answer the phone, right?"

right.

Good News=we will be in the WSJ (not wall...Wisconsin) in their new business announcements.
Bad News=I think I've sealed the deal of never EVER being approached by them again.

But, the truth is, I'm a full time mom and a part time at home business owner, right?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right you are!

3:33 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

Very funny!

8:13 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

Gotta love kids! :)

9:24 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Hilarious. I hope the guy had some sense of humor.

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Tonya said...

Too funny... kids can make you laugh everytime!

5:03 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Absolutely! Screw that guy if he doesn't understand!

10:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home