The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Bible Codes?

Dave and I were watching a show on I believe the History channel the other day.
It was all about Bible codes.
I'm not sure if you know anything about these, but if you don't, take a minute and check out that page above or google it yourself.
It was so crazy to me to think that God has left us a blueprint of what will take place in the future. It's all there for us to figure it out?
Somehow I don't believe that God would do that, but then again, it's amazing what I saw on that show.
These codes predicted SOOO much that has happened in the world.
One disbeliever said it's like comparing seeing an object in a cloud. You see what you want to believe.
Others said that there is no other choice but to believe what we see in front of our eyes.
I listed with simple interest until the last 10 minutes or so when they talked about the codes depicting when the last days would be.
The end of the world.
judgment day.
According to these codes, it tells WHEN the world will be destroyed.
It tells HOW the world will be destroyed.
Apparently these codes tell us that a huge comet will crash into earth.
That's it...we're gone.
AND it says it's going to happen...are you ready for this...2012.
6 years from now.
My babies will only be 10 and 7.
Now, I don't REALLY believe that God would tell us when the world will end. I just don't.
However, to think that it might possibly be only 6 years from now is terrifying.
Like sick to your stomach-throw up kind of terrifying.
It does go on to give a possibility of a close call-but no destruction. So really, you don't know.
And I'd like to believe if NASA or whoever has advance knowledge that there is even the slightest chance a huge comet will crash into us they'd look for it and figure out a plan. Right?
Do you know anything about these bible codes?

8 Comments:

Blogger Simone said...

I don't know anything about them, but it sounds like a bunch of hooey. Coincidences.

12:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With regard to the "end of the world", Jesus said in Matthew 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." In other words, The Father hadn't even told Jesus when the end times were coming. So I wouldn't put much stock in anybody else telling you when it is coming. He goes on to say in verse 44 "So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man [Jesus] will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

If you want to get some really good info on how to be ready you can go to this site. Specificaly this audio file is really good.

2:52 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

Interesting. I'm with OddMix, though, in that I don't think the "end of the world" is predictable based on the Scripture he cited.

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Tonya said...

I have never even heard of them but sure sounds scary.. I dont believe it but its a scary thought..

3:33 PM

 
Blogger Minivan Momma said...

Totally with oddmix on this one! He's definitely going to come unexpectedly so that's why he says we must always be ready.

I'm with you, Jen, that it's terrifying to think about. However, when I was a little girl I remember praying to God to not end the world until I had a chance to be a mother. So I guess I'm thankful for that at least!

Never heard of these "codes" but it's interesting to thinmk about.

6:15 PM

 
Blogger Jennie said...

Have you ever read the Left Behind book series? It's similar logic and a great read!

10:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That is kind of freak and I'm sure there will be people who will try to capitalize on it true or not.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

I'm with Simone. Before I even saw her comment I was thinking "That sounds like a bunch of hooey." There are too many variables that would affect what might happen to the world.

Dontcha worry bout yer babies.

(That was supposed to sound irish.)

4:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home