The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, June 23, 2006

It's going to be one of those years

You know how you look back on New Years and think either, 'thank GOD this year is over' or you look back hoping the next year will be as good as the last one was.

Here we are only half way through, and if things continue to go the way they have the first 6 months, it's DEFINITELY going to be one of those years I'll look back on and hope to repeat the happiness.

Dave got a new job. His dream job to be exact.
Big fat raise-better hours-less travel-more opportunity-did I say fat raise?
This is almost life changing for us.

I joined a 'boot camp' at the athletic club this week. It's 8 weeks, 2x/week. Then you have to do a minimum of one other exercise on your own time.
Every single muscle in my body hurts. The GOOD hurt where you know you really worked.
I feel like I am finally totally comfortable in my skin. I'm not over weight, I'm not under weight. I'm happy.

I'm getting braces soon. The one thing that has bugged me my entire adult life is finally going to be fixed. I'm going to do the invisiline ones I think. They move really fast. At a consult I did a year ago or so I was told I could fix my teeth in 4 months. That sounds like something I should do this winter, doesn't it?

Really, it just seems like one thing after another is going right this year.
No more stresses about TTC or pregnancy or infanthood.
I've got a 4 1/2 and a 1 1/2 yr old. I'm almost to that easy part. Those of you with older kids know what I'm talking about. The part where they can go off an play together without you having to be 100% on guard at all times. The part where whe *gasp* can see the end of gates and diapers. (OK, diapers in a year, but still!)

Dave is in the air on his way home from Vegas. He was there all week. We survived just fine this week as we were super busy the entire week.

Ahhh...I'm really feeling like life is good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for you guys!

I would have never thought you needed braces but if it makes you happy then do whatever it takes!!

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Tonya said...

That is GREAT!! Really nice to hear things are going so great!!

Would you mind passing over a little of that luck/happy dust you have? lol

4:58 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I love it when life is good!
So glad you have found happiness!!

9:14 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Congratulations!!! Do you have any pointers on how I can get my hubby one of those jobs??? He just got home from Thailand; yes, Thailand!

9:49 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

Congrats, guys!!

And how does Dave feel about kissing a girl with braces? ;)

(if you're going to be such media celebrities, you'll have to get used to the hard questions ...)

9:56 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

I feel good just reading about this! Congratulations to the hubby, and to you! Go get a new purse (that's what I would do)!

5:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home