The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, May 28, 2007

I've been enjoying the idea of having 2 older boys and all of the activities it will include.
I imagine lots of activity all year long.
Granted, I've got one boy who won't let his feet leave the ground and another who would jump off the roof today if I let him. Our activities will range in severity, I'm sure.

Last year, 'Santa' brought Logan a skateboard and all the pads to go along with it. He gave it a try, realized he's not quite there and so it sat.
He's figured out now that he can put it at the top of the driveway and roll down on his bottom and that is enough thrill for him.
He's been asking ME to try, but it's a mini board, and it only holds 75lbs, and obviously that's not going to hold me.

Our neighbors have twin 15yr old boys and and 11 yr old boy. Yesterday they were cleaning out their garage and had to decide if they wanted to keep their skateboards.
I let them know the IF they decided to get rid of them that they should let me know because Logan and I can learn to skateboard together.

Big mistake.

Logan got to pick his favorite board and off I went thinking I was a pro already.
Barefoot none the less.

Within a few minutes Logan was super impressed at how far I could go and how long I could balance. I must say, I was super impressed too!
I had visions of a skate park and knee pads and elbow pads and being the 'cool' mom at the skate park.

Then, I let my ego get into the way.
"Watch THIS Logan!" as I rocked the board up and down while balancing on it.
"COOL! Try it again Mom!"

"no problem!"........................................WHACK......!#&@*!
down I went. Hard. Causing loud bone movement, blood on the knee and leg and embarrassment to the mind.

Laughing right away as to not scare the kids I quickly scanned to see which neighbor saw my fall.
As far as I know, I was in the clear! Unless someone was looking out their window, no one saw me.

We moved our skateboard tricks into the grass.

My knee hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home