The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Stench

I'm reporting from under piles of puke filled laundry to express just how much the flu sucks when you're 2. (OK TKW-not the flu, but I've grown up calling it the FLU, so the FLU it will be for my kids! sticking out my tongue)

Puke does not feel good when it is retched onto your fitting cotton long sleeved tshirt. It does not feel good soaking in, and it does not feel good when you take off the shirt.

It is not natural to leave the puke soaking onto your body while you hold your kid over the sink, garbage can or toilet. It doesn't feel good. It smells, and dammit, I hate being the calm mommy at this moment.

I want to run away squirming out of my clothes, but instead, I leave the puke, make sure he's OK, get him a drink and then get out of the clothes as quickly as I can hoping I don't get any in my hair.
I'm hoping that some day my kids will ask me, just as I asked my mom today, "How did you do this without freaking out?"
And I'll answer, just as my mom did, "I just freaked out when you weren't looking"

Bleh! Puke.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor guy and poor mommy! Hope he gets better soon ... and that it doesn't spread ...

9:07 AM

 
Blogger Sue said...

Ugh. Puke is the worst. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

11:08 AM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Puke is the worst! My husband and I have it worked out though. I do blood, he does puke, unless he's not home. Then I do both, and like your mom said, totally freak out when they're not looking! Here's to hoping your 'puke duty' is over soon!!!

3:23 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Hope everybody is feeling better. Puke is...well pukey.

5:33 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ewwwwwwwwwie.

And thank you for not calling it the flu.

Sorry to hear about your vomitrocious day...

8:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home