The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

God....kindof

Logan has been talking about God a lot lately.
Seeing we totally suck at going to church, I've welcomed his interest and encourage his questions.
I wondered just what made him all of a sudden start telling the little bugs, "don't worry, God will come down from Heaven to get you" just after they get squished.
He then asks about when MY Grandma died, how she died, where she died etc....He tells me that he can't wait to meet her when HE goes to Heaven, because if I loved her that much, he will too.

This sounds so sweet and innocent, doesn't it?

Then I figured it out.

We went to see Shrek the Third the other week.
In the previews was Evan Almighty.
I'm a HUGE Steve Carell fan and think this movie looks hilarious.
I can't wait to see it.
LOGAN apparently can't wait to see it either.
Want to know why?

Because God is in it.

But he wonders why everyone thinks that God has long brown hair if he really has short black hair.

I tried to explain that this mans name was Morgan Freeman and that he is an actor. I explained that he was pretending, just like people do in a play. He isn't the REAL God, he's just playing the part of God. We don't know WHAT God looks like.

But, see, when Logan learns something, it is what it is, right or wrong.
To Logan, Morgan Freeman is God.

Hopefully we can work on this one before summer bible school starts.
Or not.
I actually think it's pretty sweet, and hey, we DON'T know what Jesus or God looks like, right?
Perhaps he resembles Mr. Freeman, just a little. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

That is such a sweet story. He's such a tender hearted little guy.

8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home