The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Too much on my plate

About a year ago, I'd get up, feed the kids breakfast while they would watch a show or two. I'd get my morning coffee, breakfast and blog. I'd have things to say and time to say it. I'd remember funny or interesting things from the day prior and have enough brain capacity to remember it the next day.

Then, about 7 months ago I decided to get a 'job'. I'm sure Merrit would love to have me in her neighborhood! ;)
I am a consultant with one of those home party companies.
I've tried something like this before with another company, but my heart wasn't in it to make money, just to get free books for the kids. And did I ever get a bunch of free books!

This is different for me because I AM making money. More than what I thought I would.
But the down side to it is that I really have a JOB.
My plate is full!
I've got friends who want to get together for play dates or nights out and I'm too exhausted to even think about planning something else.

My morning routine used to be coffee and toast with Dora in the background while relaxing for 20-30 minutes on the computer. Now my routine is coffee and toast with Dora in the background while I'm getting hostess packets ready, placing orders or bagging up orders, and contacting people on my team.

So, hence the lack of blogging, as I'm sure you understand.

The cool thing about having this job is that I'm going to surprise Dave with a all inclusive trip to Mexico ON ME. He'll have no clue (if I can plan this through his work) and we'll get to enjoy a vacation with real money that I've earned. Seeing I haven't worked in almost 6 years, that's totally exciting to me! And I'm almost there!
The not so cool thing about this job is the lack of blogging time.

I'm not saying that I'm stopping, because I'm not. I've come way to long and far to stop. Plus, this blog has been around since Logan was in a CRIB. I'm certainly going to blog about him putting on his big kid shoes and heading off to Kindergarten (in only 3 short months).
PLUS, then God willing, Miles will still be napping! (Until HE goes to Kindergarten if I have any thing to do with it) and I'll have a good 1-2-3 hrs in a quiet house!
I can't even imagine.
PLUS, I'm going to have to blog to keep my sanity. 3 years people...3 years of just Miles/me time. I'm so used to saying, "Go see what your brother wants to do!" while I'm making lunch. There will be no brother! I know I had 3 years of just Logan/me before Miles came, but then again 1 1/2 of those years he wasn't even walking! ;)
I'm excited, but a little nervous of the transition we're about to face.

So that's it, an explanation of sorts. I'm totally thrilled about the money I'm making and the company I'm working for, it's just taken time into my personal time. Which is probably a good thing anyway. It's good to have something to keep you moving. I don't have time to get stuck in front of the computer anymore.

I AM reading though-but I've always sucked as a commenter. But I am reading.

Time to get off-new furniture is being delivered today! Can you imagine the excitement knowing that I won't have to stare at neon yellow furniture that was made in the early 70's! It's a GOOD day! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Wow. I'm impressed that you're doing so well at the business! Not that I didn't think you would, but because I know *I* would suck...

three months until Kgarten? I can't believe it. I can't believe I'e been reading so long and I'm going to see him go off to school for the first time.

The next three years will go by really fast and soon you'll be posting about Miles going to Kgarten!

I read all the time, too. I'm just reading from bloglines these days because its faster, so I suck at commenting, too.

1:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home