The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Boys will be Boys I guess...

and it's something I'll have to deal with all of my life.

Our neighbor, 2 1/2 years older than Logan, has been teaching him all about being a boy.
See, Logan was my sweet natured, well behaved little boy for so long.
He didn't pick his nose or say 'fart' or anything boy-like that until this summer.

In fact, we don't even say the word 'fart' in this house. OK, Dave and I do sometimes, but I just didn't think that was what I should be teaching my kid when Logan was young.

Somehow we decided that 'toot' was the word to use. Sounds so silly now, but it is what it is.

Logan and I were in the grocery line when he said, "Mom, J can FART!"

"What?!?"

"HE CAN!! I don't know how yet, but I'm practicing!"

"O.......K......" (thinking he doesn't even KNOW the word fart...at least I thought.)

Well, needless to say, Logan can FART now. Arm fart. You know, making the 'toot' with his armpit.

I'm so proud.
All day he's 'farting' while laughing his head off at the loud one or the long one.
He thinks he's the coolest boy in the world.

This morning, as the kids were 1/2 dressed I was watching Logan try to teach Miles how to 'fart'.

"Stick your hand here. yeah! Now squeeze your arm REALLY hard down~no HARDER! FASTER! Let me show you...like THIS!"

"too hard......" Miles said, bummed he isn't as big and cool as his brother.

Seriously, you go along with your child not seeing TOO much difference in sexes of children until about 5 1/2 and then boy hood pops out and hits you smack dab in the nose.

3 1/2 months until age 6. Can you believe it?

1 Comments:

Blogger formerteacher said...

My sons have an older cousin who 'teaches' them things. He taught my oldest how to pee standing up and not get anything on the seat. That one I was grateful for. However, The 'farts' etc. I could have done without!

1:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home